with pics(autozone gold cv shafts...??????? OPINIONS/HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

with pics(autozone gold cv shafts...??????? OPINIONS/HELP

mariozoldos

Reaction score
City, State
ortonville mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 e.b
I have a 2000 Ford Explorer V8 all wheel drive. It started off I was getting a vibration and I could tell it was coming from the drivers side. I replaced the wheel bearing with a Tinken wheel bearing (hub) because it did have a lot of play in it. That helped with the steering but did not fix the noise/vibration. I diagnosed it down to the cv shaft. I changed that with an Auto Zone duralast gold. Three days later my wife was driving and all of a sudden the shaking came back. I replaced it once again. The problem seems to be fixed somewhat for now. The shaking isn't as bad but still slightly there. What i did notice with the front end jacked up and rotating the tires I can feel the cv shaft binding.I know the cv is at a hard angle when jacked up, but my old stock one did not do this.PASSENGERSIDE (STOCK) ROTATES fine when jacked up. When the cv shaft reaches this hard angle and starts to twist through it, which is real hard to twist, I can watch the front differential kind of move with the cv shaft while it's binding. my seal started leaking from that cv shaft.....

has any one elese had this problem?

I'm wondering if I should try to buy a cv shaft from Advance Auto Parts

what are the chances of bad front diff bushing and not the cv shaft......

LMK IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION
IM STUMPED BOYS AND GIRLS PLEASE SEND INPUT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

too much tt, let's see a pic of the lower arm angle,

I've had my truck like this for 2 years and haven't had a problem with the old CV shaft....
It's my wife's daily driver only been on the trails a handful of times..... When I first did my torsion twist I over twisted them too much I know what it feels like to have too much angle.... I still have plenty of bolt to screw in on my torsion bars

20121104_234655.jpg

20121104_234658.jpg

20121104_234703.jpg

20121104_234750.jpg

20121104_234831.jpg

170898_1562859991487_1234962465_1231674_1904685_o1.jpg

CLEANNNNN.jpg

lmk what you think but its been like this for 2 years......that might be fresh off the jack i mite no have driven it to settle it yet??????:scratch:
no sure if this helps but..... pinion and 2 outer seals are all leaking i just notice this all with the last month

it could be a broken tooth in the axl may be i have a 97 the same with the tt all the way but no vibrating try jacking it from the lift point on the a arm and spin it and see what happens

Sorry for the late update I did have a lot of problems with the CV shaft but it turned out to be the rear u joint on the pig

Glad you fixed it I was going to tell you to check all that but got side tracked and forgot til now. It's definitely weird how stuff transfers like that.

Back