woke up to steering wheel not moving | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

woke up to steering wheel not moving

Noticed fluid under the car - my power steering fluid is completely empty.

Like a month ago I used a turkey baster and sucked out the fluid that was in the resvoir part and filled it with mercon V but it was only that little bit and the rest of it was prestone power steering fluid, did mixing those 2 things damage something and make it leak?

Otherwise the hoses in my powersteering fluid system have been replaced a year ago.

What do you guys think happened?
Somebody didn’t fasten that hose tight enough!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On first glance I thought it was the cooler itself.

There’s no way to tighten those clamps. Someone’s already cut it off and replaced the oteker clamp with that’s cheesy spring clamp. Possible it just needs a screw clamp type instead of that spring clamp.

Those cooler hoses just use spring clamps from the factory. Mine have been holding strong for 322,000mi since she left the line.

The other must have already leaked if someone put an oetiker on the lower line.

Yeah the other one leaked like 2 years ago. Turns out the metal part of end of the cooler hose was very rusty and leaking, cut that bit off and clamped the hose down and it seems to be good now!

IMG_1005 (2).jpg

Back