wondering what the white smoke out of the exust is? head gasket blown? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wondering what the white smoke out of the exust is? head gasket blown?

joka

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
yaa i was wondering what the white smoke would maybe mean out of the exust i was thinking proble head gasket or something or is it posible for something else to be doing it? cuz it was fine es moning let it warm up then after took 4 a ride jumped on the high way doing 65ish and yaa noticed white smoke out had oil and all the fluids in it full and didnt over heat or anything like that soo i was wondering if there could be maybe another thing ? I would apperate it if someone might know maybe or what they think or something thxs Ryan:salute:

Hello and welcome! Some white smoke is normal at first startup on a cold day. Once the moisture is burned out of the exaust system it should stop. If you continue to get white smoke it is probably a head gasket or may be a cracked head itself. Does your oil have any water in it? Does it look milky? These would be indicators as well of the gasket/ head problem.

Good luck!
Jim

If you smell a sweet odor from the pipes it is very possible the Head gasket is blown. But with single digit temperatures you will get Steam out the pipe for a long time in the mornings damp air.

Watch your fluids and see what happens

more about what happen

I took the spark plug out of the first 2 on the drivers side and i guess something must of hit the spark plug and theres oil all going to the 1st spark plug other ones looks fine i took out soo i was wondering if u guys all knew what might it be? if its the cylinder i guess start looking new motor maybe? supose to be getting a scope to look down in the whole from a friend latter on soo i guess that will tell :eek: :salute:

Back