Won't shift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Won't shift

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Honestly I don't know what that is
usually from left to right on the shift indicator its PRND21. the 2/1 is manual engagement, which uses different solenoids. do those work?

No I think its stuck in neutral
You need a windows laptop and an elm327 adapter with forscan so you can see your trans pressure or any codes that are stored

You need a windows laptop and an elm327 adapter with forscan so you can see your trans pressure or any codes that are stored
^^^^knowledgable fellow right here, and ditto on what he said

^^^^knowledgable fellow right here, and ditto on what he said
Thanks buddy i try to keep my thinking cap on but sometimes it wanders off from time to time

Thanks buddy i try to keep my thinking cap on but sometimes it wanders off from time to time
all good, soemtimes mine just vanishes too 🤣 🤣 especially when i first wake up!!! no shot at even having a thinking cap then! :D

all good, soemtimes mine just vanishes too 🤣 🤣 especially when i first wake up!!! no shot at even having a thinking cap then! :D
Yeah, when I wake up mines gone too, I have to go and find it its usually hiding from me because I have a lot of dumb ideas

Yeah, when I wake up mines gone too, I have to go and find it its usually hiding from me because I have a lot of dumb ideas
😂 same here, my peak is maybe 2 pm

2002 I took out the O2 sensors and cleaned them is there a fuse I have to check or something I have to reset????

You might look up into the steering column to make sure the shift lever is moveing correct. Sometimes the bolts fall out.

There is a transmission fuse in n the PDB under the hood.

Check ALL fuses

Back