• Register Today It's free!

Won't start

Wendylou

Reaction score
City, State
Hoosick falls ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford explorer
2003 Ford Explorer won't start. It just shut off and hasn't started in a month. It will turn over but then shut right off. We've changed spark plugs and battery. I got someone to put a reader on it and it read the code 0068 I went and got a throttle position sensor and it still won't start idk what to do! HELP!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2003 Ford Explorer won't start. It just shut off and hasn't started in a month. It will turn over but then shut right off. We've changed spark plugs and battery. I got someone to put a reader on it and it read the code 0068 I went and got a throttle position sensor and it still won't start idk what to do! HELP!!
Have the fuel pressure checked, the fuel pump may have failed. Can you hear the pump turn on when you turn the key to the position before actually engaging the starter? If not then the pump may have failed or a relay or fuse. Just a start to troubleshoot it. On my 2002 the fuel pump relay is #48 under the hood driver's side. You can swap it with another one right next to it to rule the relay out if you do not hear the pump come on. check your owner's manual to see where all the fuses an relays are.

Have the fuel pressure checked, the fuel pump may have failed. Can you hear the pump turn on when you turn the key to the position before actually engaging the starter? If not then the pump may have failed or a relay or fuse. Just a start to troubleshoot it.
Yes you can hear the fuel pump come on and there is good pressure. I'm going to buy the MAF sensor and cross my fingers thats the issue.

Going to get that sensor and cross my fingers thats the issue
Any idea when the fuel filter was changed last? I just thought of this as well, look at the rollover/fuel shut off switch. It is on the passenger side. If you are sitting in the passenger seat it will be located in the trim panel by your right foot. There is a little U shaped cutout in the trim panel. There is a button in there to push and reset the fuel system. Not sure how it works, but I had another vehicle with that issue before. It is in the owners manual.

Any idea when the fuel filter was changed last? I just thought of this as well, look at the rollover/fuel shut off switch. It is on the passenger side. If you are sitting in the passenger seat it will be located in the trim panel by your right foot. There is a little U shaped cutout in the trim panel. There is a button in there to push and reset the fuel system. Not sure how it works, but I had another vehicle with that issue before. It is in the owners manual.
As of right now it acts like it's getting to much fuel.

Back