Woohoo just got my shackles and aal's few ?'s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Woohoo just got my shackles and aal's few ?'s

R

rydinhigh

I got the explorer pro-comp AAL kit. It came with 4 bolts, I assume that two of these are new center bolts for the leaf spring and two are extra, am I right? Also it says to tourqe the ubolts for the leaf springs and shackles to factory specs. Does any one know what the factory specs are and is there a specific order for tightening the ubolts?

Thanks,

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The new center bolts should have different diameter heads. Use the pair that have the same dimention of the stock bolt heads. The others are extra.

not sure on the torque specs.... but 100 is probaly a safe bet.... most fasteners of that size will probably do fine with that spec... or just tighten it until you think it wont go anymore.....

I think proper Ubolt spec is 85.

Thanks guys. I got one of those little $8 service cd's off of ebay do you think these specs would be on there? Also one question about the TT, I know the safe limit is 2" is this before or after the truck settles?

Back