Work in progress, TONS of pics. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Work in progress, TONS of pics.

I have 295-40-20's on all four corners. I think the rims are 20x9.5''

That's why I said "I think".

But your right I just checked and they are 20x10's.

antera_325_lg20x10.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay just checking i thought that these people that i was talking to werent screwing with me.

Off topic but kinda onn topic... are you sure you have 20x9.5 rims with 295's?
Cause my rims are 22x9.5 and all the tire places 265. I think you rims may be 20x10.

Reason asking is because i want larger tires for my rims and all these places say that they wont fit the truck. If you have 9.5 rims with 295 tires on it then it would be alot cheaper and easier to find tires of that size for my 22's.

I have 285/35/22's Toyo Proxes on my 22x9.5 wheels.

I have 285/35/22's Toyo Proxes on my 22x9.5 wheels.

do you have a pic you can show me..
Basically i want a taller tire to fill in the wheel space...

sorry awdrocks for going off topic on your thread

do you have a pic you can show me..
Basically i want a taller tire to fill in the wheel space...

sorry awdrocks for going off topic on your thread

Use PM's that is what they are there for.

Here are some of the things I got done today:

Tranny cooler w/e-fan. That will have a switch up front. I got the cooler and fan to fit right above the frame.

Trannycooler.jpg

Trannycooler2.jpg

Interior is done... just waiting for the switches for the e-fans to close up the drivers side under panel

Interior.jpg

This is what im using for the breathers for both cam covers.

Breathers.jpg

Did a lot more connections today. All thats left to install are the two motor e-fans, air horns, and I can move onto the dist box.

Wires-1.jpg

Here is how the interior turned out. Not one bare wire through out the entire install.

center.jpg

center2.jpg

council.jpg

Data log cable:

datalog.jpg

Here is how the interior turned out. Not one bare wire through out the entire install.
I can't wait to see the final numbers, you really are doing a nice job. Congrats
Kinda off topic, i just got my x last week and tomorrow i'm putting in my radio, how do you remove the dash? I tried pulling on it since i saw no screws but i'm afraid of breaking it. Mine is an Eddie

If you are talking about this piece:

center2.jpg

Just yank it dont be scared... lol... I know what you mean.

Get your index and middle finger from both hands pried into the top part... and just start pulling... carefully, move from like the corners to the middle and it will snap off. The entire piece snaps off. Good luck.

Its almost like your pulling it trying to break it... just that point when you think you are pulling to hard... it will give.

Someone else might want to tell you another technique... but thats what ive done about 20 times... and its perfect still.

Alex, what kind of amperage are you running through various switches? I have used a lot of relays to keep power low in my dash and going through door jambs etc.

Along the way I discovered that some of the switches that I have used are AC rated and not really good enough for moderate to high DC power. I Don't recall the specific estimate of how to factor the AC power rating into a DC rating. Basically any switch rated for DC current will have a higher capacity than typical AC switches. I have a Shield's Electronics here whcih sells lots of choices for switches etc. But just about nothing which they sell is for DC current.

Long story short, I hunted around at local auto parts stores, they all carry various DC switches. I found a few that I liked, O'Reilly's and Advance carried them, that's what I used in my dash for my aux power circuits. I shouldn't have more than 25-30 amps going through my main switch, and that is much more than the other switches I have were rated for(AC switches). Regards,

Attachments

• airbagspace.JPG
    airbagspace.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 873

Haven't picked out the switches yet, but yes I will also have relays for everything. I'm going to have three switches in the cabin backed up by relays at the dist box. I saw the switches you have and I liked those.

I'll have a separate relay for all the big powered stuff (tranny fan, second motor fan, intercooler water pump, engine electric water pump and air horns). And one relay for all the low power lines like the gauges. 6 relays in total.

I'm drawing out the big spider web now.... :confused:

Cool, that is actually fun work. I enjoyed making my circuits and seeing them all work. The air compressor is the only item I haven't finished yet, I need to mount the tanks and air lines still. Night,

Cool, that is actually fun work. I enjoyed making my circuits and seeing them all work. The air compressor is the only item I haven't finished yet, I need to mount the tanks and air lines still. Night,

Yeah this is actually pretty fun. Like you said... once they all flash on will be the best. I already checked all circuits how they are now and they all worked perfect.

I'm wonder if I should run the 6awg power line away from the other wires?

If each wire that you use is properly sized, there will be no heat issue, and you can run them together. Avoid the car radio wires, for radio interference.

When you wire up the switches be sure that if they have lights in them that you know when the lights will function. I prefer these DC switches because they generally all have separate light wires, to avoid confusion. The switches that I used this time all have three terminals, they light when the circuit is powered.

If each wire that you use is properly sized, there will be no heat issue, and you can run them together. Avoid the car radio wires, for radio interference.

When you wire up the switches be sure that if they have lights in them that you know when the lights will function. I prefer these DC switches because they generally all have separate light wires, to avoid confusion. The switches that I used this time all have three terminals, they light when the circuit is powered.

Yeah I like them to be lit when the circuit is powered also. About running the power line together I meant for interference issues, but yeah there should be no problem.

I'm almost done. Tomorrow I should be done for sure... then comes the tunning. All I have to put on is the 2400MAF and finish two switches in the cabin.

I fired up all the accessories today. Everything worked perfect :) .

Here are some pics:

What I bought to build the dist box, ended up not using the right box:

distaccess.jpg

Relays:

relays.jpg

Everything assembled. Power and fuses, relays in the middle, ground in the center section far left, and key switch on, on the two outer post far left.

relaysdist.jpg

dist.jpg

distinside.jpg

That thick loom is whats carrying all the wires. Lots of independent looms inside. The power and ground are on the right, along with the stock harness.

DCFC0033.jpg

Big three:

bigthree.jpg

dist2.jpg

dist4.jpg

dist3.jpg

And got the 8rib belt on. Nice tight fit.

belt.jpg

man that looks real good, hope everything runs and works well at startup.

Good luck, anticipation...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck, anticipation...

Yes.

I have tested all electrical circuits. Everything works. Ewater-pump, sc pump, tranny fan, aux fan, main fan, piaas, all gauges and leds... everything everything. But theres nothing like hearing that sucker spark up.

Here is the oil canister that both cam cover hoses lead to...
Oilcanister.jpg

And the breathers I used on both sides.
breatherpass.jpg

Incase anyone is wondering why I have the dist box so high is because I need to be able to get under it to access my water/meth pump incase I need to adjust the pressure.

Back