Work in progress, TONS of pics. | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Work in progress, TONS of pics.

Excellent, time for some seat time. I hope your dyno testing pulls some low numbers...

You have a lot to look forward to when you get a bigger blower on there. What boost numbers is the shortblock made for? Regards,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excellent, time for some seat time. I hope your dyno testing pulls some low numbers...

You have a lot to look forward to when you get a bigger blower on there. What boost numbers is the shortblock made for? Regards,

Yeah I can't wait to see what numbers it puts down. I'm determined to break the m90 4.6 block 2v record... then ill move onto the twin screw. The motor was designed for 20psi... but might be able to do more with water /meth.

The twin screw is when this big bore is really going to wake up... the M90 is doing this motor no justice right now... starving for much more air.

I have pullied this m90 to spin at just over 19,000 rpm's or about 13-13.5psi, but I might see like 11 because of my better flowing motor... My old setup was spinning it at 14,500...

If this combo works out, considering how much low end grunt the m90's have, it should be an absolute terror out of the hole

Cool, hopefully you can settle in the upper teens level. I think that it will be fast enough. I loved the rush of a near stock 2003 Cobra, I see 500hp as being plenty for most needs.

Cool, hopefully you can settle in the upper teens level. I think that it will be fast enough. I loved the rush of a near stock 2003 Cobra, I see 500hp as being plenty for most needs.

High 13's?

If thats what you meant, I was at that already before all this with all the vacuum leaks, short shifting, detuned, HEAVY wheel combo etc. I hit up Barona to get a base number, its a 1/8 track... I did a 9.015... which translates to about 13.8ish.

No, I meant that the Cobra I drove felt great, that was likely a mid 13 car, and I think 500hp in our trucks would take care of most all cravings.

man i love the way that sounds.

Well, just drove home from installing the converter... have not hit the gas hard yet... waiting on the tuning...

Edit

love the way that startup sounds... cant wait to see the dyno results with the twin screw... what brand charger r u gunna buy? ive heard plenty good about the Kenne Bell in cobras so that mite be a nice choice

love the way that startup sounds... cant wait to see the dyno results with the twin screw... what brand charger r u gunna buy? ive heard plenty good about the Kenne Bell in cobras so that mite be a nice choice

Thank you...

looking for 650whp with the twin... ive prepared my mods for the race kit from AED... other options are available (both kb2.2 and aed race kits are total custom jobs for a 3rd gen X).

then I think.... lets beg Scott (at aed) to build us a TVS version........... with a Rev III intakes. Be nice

Alex, does your truck have a boost sensor for the PCM? Also do you know if the PCM can be or is programmed with your actual engine size? You have a non stock cubic inch displacement.

Thank you...

looking for 650whp with the twin... ive prepared my mods for the race kit from AED... other options are available (both kb2.2 and aed race kits are total custom jobs for a 3rd gen X).

then I think.... lets beg Scott (at aed) to build us a TVS version........... with a Rev III intakes. Be nice

sounds awesome... good luck with that and bring some dyno results and pictures after

sounds awesome... good luck with that and bring some dyno results and pictures after

Sure will...

Don,

When I got the motor I did get a new tune... im not sure if my tuner had to plug in a bigger displacement or if he just tuned by adjusting AF, timing etc. We did a lot of tuning though as I got my motor with the new heads cams everything.

Not sure if the PCM can see boost. I doubt it... Robert?

Caution re-using old hard wire loom. I had a problem with my meth system acting up... had to tear into the electrical and found two wires sliced from the hard edge of an old loom I used.

Yes engine wiring does not have a long life like older cars used to.

Thanks Alex, I asked about the PCM and cubic inches because a friend of mine is soon going to stick a hot 521 tunnel ram engine into a 64 Marauder. He wants it to be a fully streetable "pro street" machine, and I question how tame it will be day to day. I've hinted at him that we could get a custom balancer and distributor made for it, and run it with a 96/97 302 PCM. It would take a good chunk of money, but it would be a sweet any weather car then. Regards,

Here is what my new harness turned out like:

BEFORE:
Wirescrud1.5.jpg

NO WIRES:
Wiresout1.jpg

AFTER:
elctricalinside.jpg

That looks great. Did you make a grommet for that oval shaped hole? Use Ultra Black to fill in any gaps where wires go through or near edges, or the firewall. The RTV becomes strong and stiff, but still flexible, for years and years. Regards,

That looks great. Did you make a grommet for that oval shaped hole? Use Ultra Black to fill in any gaps where wires go through or near edges, or the firewall. The RTV becomes strong and stiff, but still flexible, for years and years. Regards,

Thanks

Yeah im glad you reminded me about that grommet... I just saw it, I need to cut it out and get it back on. Good idea on the RTV... got lots of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's great, it makes a permanent seal. I have sealed a lot of holes in trunk floors etc. where someone mounted something with sheet metal screws. You would be amazed by how much dust etc. gets through the tiniest holes.

Back