• Register Today It's free!

Would a 1993 Ranger bumper fit?

TheChosen1

Reaction score
City, State
Kennewick
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Mazda Navajo
Hey, I have a 1994 Mazda Navajo and someone near me is selling an offroad bumper for a 1993-1997 Ford Ranger, I was just wondering if it would also fit on my vehicle? Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting, I’m wondering the same thing!
I have a 94 B4000 (same front as your Navajo) that I want to swap a bumper from my 95 Ranger onto. I also have a 93 Ranger, but the 95 is now the parts truck.
The Mazdas and 1st gen Explorers have a more square nose, and the 93+ Rangers a more round nose, but it think it will work, at least well enough for me.
I have not checked the frame mount widths to see if they are the same yet.
Maybe tomorrow I’ll park the trucks side by side and do a thorough check, and post back.
*edit* I just saw that you said it’s an off-road bumper, so not stock. Probably has an even better chance at fitting. Plus you could reweld the mounts if needed, or have them rewelded.

Well, I got curious, so I just went out and took a good look, the profile curve matches, the overall body width is the same. The frame rail width is 30” from outside edge to outer edge. You would need to measure your Navajo frame width, but I believe it’s the same.
However, you did not say but I’m guessing you are talking about a front bumper, yes? Rear frame rails on Rangers are not the same width apart as Explorer/Navajos.

Well, I got curious, so I just went out and took a good look, the profile curve matches, the overall body width is the same. The frame rail width is 30” from outside edge to outer edge. You would need to measure your Navajo frame width, but I believe it’s the same.
However, you did not say but I’m guessing you are talking about a front bumper, yes? Rear frame rails on Rangers are not the same width apart as Explorer/Navajos.

Just measured. It's the same, 30" outside edge to outside edge. And yes I meant the front. Thank you so much for your help!

You will likely have to fabricate some simple brackets to make a 93 Ranger off road bumper fit a 94 Navajo....it should come really close to bolting on
I recently installed a 98+ Ranger off road bumper onto a 02 Sport trac, it required me to move the bumper up 2" with metal bracketry
The earlier trucks like yours should be closer to fitting

Post a pic of this bumper, I want to see it now!

Back