Would a BTF lift off 3rd gen fit 4th gen? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would a BTF lift off 3rd gen fit 4th gen?

DaaQ

Reaction score
City, State
South KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT 4x4
High all I have a 3rd gen that had a BTF spacer/control arm lift and 2" body lift. I was wanting to ask if anyone knows if they are compatible with 4th gens. I have opportunity to get an 09 for the cost of towing basically.
My 3rd gen had a good sized tree limb fall across the front of it so it's a good deal of work needed to repair it. Whereas the 09 needs the motor replaced.
Now I'm pretty sure the 3rd n 4th gens are basically the same from the frame down but was wanting to get some assurances or input.
I had put alot of work into my 3rd gens underside about 6 months prior to the tree incident.

Thanks in advance DaaQ.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know if 3rd gen BTF UCAs will fit 4th gens?

3rd and 4th gen frames are actually completely different. Rear suspension is trailing arm vs control arm/spindle I'm sure the front control arms won't work. Possibly on the spacers but don't count on it.

3rd and 4th gen frames are actually completely different. Rear suspension is trailing arm vs control arm/spindle I'm sure the front control arms won't work. Possibly on the spacers but don't count on it.

Yes I did talk to Brandon from BTF to confirm. So now am kind of in a situation where I have to decide if I should stick with my 3rd gen + everything that needs to be done in repairs. OR get the 4th gen and replace the motor and have to go through all of the work I did to my 3rd gen ie getting another BTF lift.

On another note, this 4th gen is so cheap I will probably end up with doing both.

I vote get it anyway

Yes I did talk to Brandon from BTF to confirm. So now am kind of in a situation where I have to decide if I should stick with my 3rd gen + everything that needs to be done in repairs. OR get the 4th gen and replace the motor and have to go through all of the work I did to my 3rd gen ie getting another BTF lift.

On another note, this 4th gen is so cheap I will probably end up with doing both.

Just so I'm clear, did he confirm that the spacers would or would-not work? I've been wondering this same thing as well, particularly because the part number for the Truxx spacers fits 2002-2010 explorers, which makes me wonder if 3rd gen BTF spacers fit 4th gen explorers!

Back