Would this roll cage work?

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
I cant see why this cage would not work.
www.jegs.com

They have cages built for the ranger. I figured since I need some protection in my 1992 these may work.

Ford 1982-94 Ranger Truck
550-945501K
4-Point Roll Bar Kit $129.99
550-945503K
8-Point Roll Bar Kit $155.99
550-945504K
10-Point Roll Bar Kit $219.99
550-945505K
12-Point Roll Bar Kit $272.99

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=221483

Looks like the 8 point Ranger cagew works perfect in a pre 89 BII. Not exatly the fit I am looking for but it works!

If it works in a BII it should work in the Explorer, you may just have to move a few tubes up and down....

I personally want my cage tucked in a little more, closer to the a pillars and no interference with the doors......
but for a trail rig this may be a great way to save $$$$ if you dont have a bender

I am looking more toward a custom exo cage, but for the price this could hold me for a bit on the trail rig while I finish up some of the fifty projects I have going.

I like Bill's EXO cage around the cab, but on an Explorer you would be looking at a full exo cage = yuck IMO.
Mine as well just remove the Ex body and replace with tube.

brian, i have a bender in the mail. the die is on backorder, so it may be a while. when im done with mine, we could have a "everyone go to Brian's house and build him a cage" day. get some 1 3/4 tube and i will bring the bender, welder, chopsaw, etc. it would be a helluva lot cheaper than buying one or having one made. if you want something other than 1 3/4, then buy me another die. :p

I would like to know if there's any full roll cages for the 94 explorers those one that goes all the way to the back and doesn't interfere with the backseat or me getting in and out of the truck too much

Back