Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters

TequilaSnrs087

Reaction score
City, State
Chapel Hill/Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Would you buy another Explorer? Yes or no.

One thing I have noticed about the Explorer is that it seems to have extremely high owner loyalty. It seems like everyone I know who has an Explorer has had more than one, or plans to have more than one, and loves them.

I remember back in elementary school I had a teacher who bought a new first gen. She and her husband liked it so much, they bought a second one. The previous owner of my Explorer owned a 1993 before it and swears by them. I know a bunch of other people who buy one Explorer after another as well. I have to say, after owning mine for three months, I would buy another in a second. My old beater has been very reliable, and it just works well for day to day use.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes...

This is number 3, and I'd get the 4th without issue... unless the Bronco came out at the same time... :D

Honestly, I think this is an interesting question. If they still made a truck-based SUV, yes. I've owned a 2003, and my 1995 now. I'd have to say if it was a newer IRS model, I honestly don't know if I would. I love my Ex to death, but I like it because is is more truck than car... I think I'd buy a nice low mile 2nd Gen before forking over the big bucks for a new Ex.

Just "keepin' it real" (at least for me) :(

I would own another Explorer (or Mountaineer/Aviator) no question about it. I own 3 now. My father-in-law has had 3. My sister has had 2.

My neighbor owns 2, and one of the guys that he hangs out with (also a member here) has one too.

I love the Explorer. I know them in and out. I honestly think I'll always have at least 1.

Ryan

:thumbdwn:I test drove an '04 Limited and was very disapointed. Typical American SUV ride, soft and wishy-washy, even though it was better than my '94.

BUT

I did buy an '03 Aviator:thumbsup::D:burnout::bounce::biggthump:notworthy

I'd buy another in a heartbeat but it would have to be a first or second gen. I don't like the idea of not having any room to play around suspension-wise. The newest I'd go is a 2003 Sport.

I think I'd buy a nice low mile 2nd Gen before forking over the big bucks for a new Ex.

x2 I'm on my 2nd and 3rd first gens. I'd stick with the first or second gens though. I dont like the new ones as much. Except maybe a Sport Trac..

After owning two first gen's ('92 & '94) and one second gen ('01), I would definitely buy another first gen, but most likely not another second or 3rd gen. I just don't think the newer ones are built as well as the first gen's. When we were in the market to replace our '01 Explorer, we test drove an '05 Explorer and then an '05 F-150. We went with the F-150. Better ride, quieter, more power, more room, better constructed...etc.

BTW, added a third choice :)

Honestly. No.

My 97 Mountaineer has had no problems but I would like something different. Most like a full size 97-03 F150.

Already have had two but like others i would stick to a 1st or 2nd gen

Had a 2003 XLS and drove it until 2006, with 75,000 miles. Just bought a 2007 Eddie Bauer.

I've always said only a first or second gen, but honestly, the third gens are growing on me. Not enough though, yet, but maybe someday..

Before last year we had no Ex's. Then, within 3 months we had 2. My '96 XLT and my wifes '03 LTD, and I gotta say I'm thoroughly enjoying playing with the '96 on the trails and impressing people with our tuxedo black on black '03. I do wish the interior, the seats in particular was softer and more plush but other than that, no complaints. We may never live w/o an Explorer again.

Well i have to say that i cant answer that question with a yes at the moment. I am currently looking for something that i can tow the explorer long distances with ease. Im looking at a excursion or f250 superduty.

But i would get another one.

I had two at one time..His & Hers, and was willing to trade hers up too a newer v8 Explorer, but the newer ones didn't have a high enough tow rating to tow the other explorer..so that didn't happen. My says she misses her explorer sometimes, even though she is spoiled in her S60.:rolleyes: I think for her next car we may go for the EDGE though.

I would most likely just hang on to this one, but if I needed another vehicle like it then yes, I would. I haven't driven any of the newer model year ones, so I'd have to give it a test drive first though.

All I have to say is my 01 Limited has 104k HARD miles on it and all I have done is oil changes and brake pads. The finest vehicle I have ever owned...

P.S. I have owned 41 different vehicles of all makes and countries of origin.

well ive had 2 fords a 90 ranger and my 92 xploder, i bought the ploder cause the ranger wasnt 4wd. i know you get what you pay for i paid 700 bucks for it and ive only had it a year and i put almost 2 grand into it. this is definately my last ford and last xploder.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back