Wow! 3 vehicles lost in the river this weekend!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wow! 3 vehicles lost in the river this weekend!!!

Ok so this is still early and no pics or videos are posted but here's story and a link to the thread.

Last week 3vehicles went up to the glacier and it was a baby cake trip. On the way out they hit quick mud and a Nissan got stuck. Attempted recoveries failed. Then several guys from the local board set up for a run Thursday to go get the nissan. This is where things go horribly wrong.

The guys assiting in the recovery were crossing a river when they got washed away. No one was hurt first off.

They were able to recover one vehicle it was only buried in the silt up to the axles. But apparently 2 nissans and a TJ were lost in the river and are gone.

3 Vehicles lost in river

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah finally a little retribution for the endless hours I spend getting sucked into other peoples stories.

But man I love this one!!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Sounds to me like you Alaskans are a bit crazy... man, this story is like what not to do while wheeling in Alaska...
:(

Originally posted by Dre
Sounds to me like you Alaskans are a bit crazy... man, this story is like what not to do while wheeling in Alaska...
:(

Ahhhhaaaaaaa.............Doesn't this pic say it all!!!!

9485side2.jpg

I take it the trucks are still there?

Originally posted by dejello
I take it the trucks are still there?

Nope just the jeep as far as I know, but then again not a word has been mentioned about the nissan

I thought I read the nissan was back at home.

Here is the latest update from the site

Just an update on the jeep/nissan that were still stuck out there. My jeep was covered under insurance and I came out ahead on the deal.

The Nissan wasn't so fortunate. He only had liability on it so he recieved nothing from insurance.

Insurance sent some people out to retrieve the jeep last Thursday or Friday, with no luck. Both the jeep and Nissan have tumbled down the river and they found the jeep upside down with just the tires sticking out! They could only get within 60 feet or so of the jeep.

I guess the water was rising and they took off to the bank to watch. According to insurance, the whole area there filled with water after a few hours, no sandbars, just water in that whole flood area & trees were floating down the river They have given up on it.

We used the insurance money to buy a Toyota 4runner. I think it will be a while before I can convince my wife to let me get another jeep But when I do, it will have a snorkel and I'll be wearing a drysuit. .

So the nissan and jeep are a tumbling. hmmmm time to get some salvage experience. That thing had a nice winch on the front I heard. In the fall the river gets real low and slow maybe we will check it out then.

get a snorkel.... what! who is he kidding? he better gets something more like a "jeep floating device" or better yet... a propeller...
:rolleyes:

Well some people never learn!!!

Originally posted by Premier
http://myhome.spu.edu/bhuey/glacier_run/
here is a few more pics. Beautiful terrain... wish I could go wheelin there.
Beautiful but quickly deadly.

Here's the best offroad vehicle for out there! I wonder if you could use one of these to pull a vehicle out of the river????

Attachments

• pict0526.jpg
    pict0526.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 266

Thanks for the update!
Something for someone to digup in a few thousand years or milleniums.

Gosh, all they do on that board is ***** and moan and argue...it is kinda entertaining actually haha.

I can't believe someone hasn't stolen those Nissan tires....

GaSouthern - Yes they are quick to corner someone and rape them! Don't drive a Jeep! They will just belittle you when you ask questions. Course most of the guys are either Army or Air force so you get a lot of that mentality on the board.

Crankcase - It is quite a ways out there. I believe there are 5 water crossings just to get to where the nissan is and of course they can't exactly located the TJ anymore.

I mean heck the TJ had a serious winch on it, GPS mounted in the cab and some nice wheels that he was trying to sell.

Back