!WOW! Mangled 2nd Generation ( Texting While Driving ) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

!WOW! Mangled 2nd Generation ( Texting While Driving )

This happened this morning in Baltimore, Maryland. To those that can't figure out what it is, it's a 2nd Generation Ford Explorer Sport.

"I was driving next to this woman this morning on the inner loop of 695..she was texting while driving 60 mph..I honked at her..gave her a thumbs down...got behind her..she kept doing it. If you spent time as the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center..and could see first-hand what can heppen if you text and drive...to you or to the other drivers...you might wake up...Beats the hell out of not waking up!!! If it were up to me, texting and driving would be an automatic $ 1,000 fine..and 3 months suspended license to drive."

12799222_10207597378066726_5272541969119985026_n.jpg

That's just a shame. That's why you don't text, and drive. I don't think any vehicle would have saved you from this mess.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ouch that's a huge wreck for just texting.

Looks like the Explorer went over the top of the first car in the picture?

So the picture has NOTHING to do with the OPs write up?

Diamond Bar, California is nowhere near Baltimore, Maryland . . .

So the picture has NOTHING to do with the OPs write up?

Diamond Bar, California is nowhere near Baltimore, Maryland . . .

I believe [MENTION=92474]Willcall[/MENTION] s link to an LAtimes article is a similar situation, not the one the OP talked about.
Although it would be nice for the OP to link the story about this accident.

And hell, i feel safe in my second gen from other cars.. only time I don't feel comfortable is when there's the risk of a rollover (Highway corners, etc)

The pic is from the 2014 LA Times article I posted, not from OP's story.

The impact knocked the motor into the side of another car. The dash was pushed into the back seat.

Nonsense

There seems to be so much false stuff made up on the Internet.

Nonsense sports, nonsense politics, nonsense everything... Selfies and nonsense. Too bad.

Mr. Alligator

Just an idea

If you delete the whole thing, which might require assistance from the kind moderators, there would be one less piece of nonsense on the Internet and this site would that much better off.

Just an idea. Good luck.

no need to delete.
I think....

Same thing here.
IMO.

Back