• Register Today It's free!

WOW! What a find!

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
I looked and looked for weeks! When I was about ready to put off my searching for a while,I saw a new Craigslist ad.In Mt. Crawford,VA:
1994 Aerostar XLT only 80,000 miles.
NO RUST!! Now,my present Aerostar with 244,000 miles,though an Eddie Bauer,was looking bad after rusting thru for the second time. I loved that van:salute:,but this......THIS Aerostar was 3,550 and perfect! Only thing doesn't work is the AM radio,FM is fine.
Well,I made the 360 mile trip,he gave me 600 off the price for my òl van,and I gave him 2950 and drove her home. YES!! :D don-ohio :)^)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why did the guy buy your old van for $600? Was he a dealer or a private seller? Check the antenna, and the connection on the back of the radio on the new van. AM requires a good antenna to work properly.

some pictures of your Aerostar find would be nice.

I have a 1996-1997 factory radio if you need a replacement.

Thanks,Brooklyn and Jose! To get the deal,I didn't haggle with his original price.....I just told him I'd like 600 off his asking price and I'd sign the Eddie over.He said yes immediately and we were both happy.
It may JUST be the antenna....thanks,Brooklyn!
Thanks,Jose,but if I replace it it will be a CD player.don-ohio :)^)

Okay,Thanks,Brooklyn.

I'll update pretty soon. don-ohio :)

I looked and looked for weeks! When I was about ready to put off my searching for a while,I saw a new Craigslist ad.In Mt. Crawford,VA:
1994 Aerostar XLT only 80,000 miles.
NO RUST!! Now,my present Aerostar with 244,000 miles,though an Eddie Bauer,was looking bad after rusting thru for the second time. I loved that van:salute:,but this......THIS Aerostar was 3,550 and perfect! Only thing doesn't work is the AM radio,FM is fine.
Well,I made the 360 mile trip,he gave me 600 off the price for my òl van,and I gave him 2950 and drove her home. YES!! :D don-ohio :)^)
I just bought a 1989 with only 80,000 on it. I got it for $1,000 too!
20220311_172510.jpg

Did you buy it from the original owner?
I bought it from the second owner. It came with the original owner's manual and warranty stuff lol! How often does that happen? I also have all the maintenance receipts for the last 4 or 5 years. It just had the brakes done and new tires too.

Back