• Register Today It's free!

wrangler springs

ExploderHOKIE

Reaction score
City, State
Blacksburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
does anyone know if Jeep TJ springs will fit on the front end of an explorer? because my friend has lift springs for a TJ and i'm wondering if they will fit, because they are tapered at one end and not at the other, just like explore our springs, i haven't looked at them too hard but at a glance they look like they would fit..if anyone has done this, or has thought about it let me know...btw i got new wheels and tires yesterday!! i payed $100 for used 31s on black steelies

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i am wandering this also, i found a pair of lift jeep springs and want to put them on.

not meaning to go off topic or steal the thread but could you use jeep springs if you have stock red. arms and no drop brackets? like what is the lenth of a 2 inch lift coil at free length?

TJ's will be way too fawkin' soft. You can make them fit though. XJ's fit, I think, and be will ok on spring rate.

i agree too soft.

caddy like ride

hmm interesting...cuz they would be free...free is good i might have to try it and see how it goes, then i'll let u know

do it dude, mudding in a rig with springs too soft is way "funner" then one with to stiff of ones. the only draw back is you cant corner as fast on pavement. i was looking in to putting some full sized bronco springs and i decidied that was a dumb idiea.
how much lift are the lift springs? if they are 6" then you could do a SOA in the rear and you would have a cheep lift and a nice ride

the springs i have availiable to be are 4 in lift spring for a TJ, so i have no idea what kind of lift it would be for my X

Flex isn't only decided by springs. If you want flex, change your radius arms bushings to heim joints. Also, the weight of the Explorer front end will compress the TJ to stock height or less.

I have a 5.5" superlift and I'm looking for a softer spring for my truck. I forn 6" lift springs for a jeep XJ from skyjacker so I know they will be soft but will they be to soft and only end up with about 4 inchs of lift instead of my 5.5". I don't want a rake. They also make 8in lift springs for the jeep XJ.

Thats what im thinkin. would be soooooooo soft

what would 2.5 inch lift xj coils be like? Would they be as high as stock explorer ones?

get the 8 inch springs, then if it doesent sit level but a block in the rear to make it level.

Yup, that what im thinking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so what size lift spring would i need to get a 2 inch over stock height? I am extremly interested in doing this.

Back