Wrecked It | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wrecked It

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but I was in my first accident today. I was going straight and a lady was turning left across my lane, was in my lane and I hit her front fender/door area. It was about a 2000 Chevy Tahoe and I did plenty of damage to both mine and her car. The police officer said it was her fault and she didn't get a citation because the commisioner's policy is to not give a citation unless someone is hurt in the accident. My car is messed the hell up, had to be towed, same with hers. We don't know for a fact but it will probably end being totalled. And that sucks because I just bought the car in July. Even if it isn't totalled, it will be very close, I don't know if I still would want to drive it. This sucks a whole lot cause now I can't get in my car and go somewhere, I have to get driven to work and call for a ride home. All I can tell you is that the Explorer represented Ford well in this battle of Ford v. Chevy. Nobody was hurt and I am very glad because of that. It sucks for that girl cause it was her birthday today. If it is totalled I don't know what I am going to get because I got a deal on that Explorer, it was so nice. Oh well, just wanted to let you guys know that my Explorer is probably going to be considered a loss and my suspension lift is in the mail, doesn't that suck.
John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry man.. as long as your ok.. its only a truck.. ya know?

dam.. that sucks.. i feel ya on the short amount of time u had ur car.. i only had my old x for 4 months and then an accident and it was totalled. but hopefully u can find something better this time.. glad ur ok..

Looks like another parts truck:(

Originally posted by 88vert
Looks like another parts truck:(

Oh yes keep us posted for parts!!!! hehehe. Your loss our gain....Are we cannibalistic or what?

Don't want to sound mean, but don't feel sorry for the girl. Maybe next time she'll learn to pay more attention to the road and not endanger people's lives. Unless she has a good excuse, I have no sympathy for people like this. Hope you can find another deal on the X! It's a sad thing when your truck is gone... :(

same thing happened to me man... well the part about totalling it when i just got it... I got my 97 sport 2 weeks before I totalled it...

Im pretty sure, dont quote me on this, but even if you got the car for free you still get blue book value which is like 8K Can. 5.5-6K American roughly.

Sorry to hear that, the worst part is you are probly pretty shaken up about it too.

yeh you get the blue book value... its the nada.com value ... well at least at my insurance place...

It is official, the Explorer is totaled. The total damages has to be 75% of the worth of the vehicle and the guy gets all those prices because of a computer program or w/e that he has. They got to 75% and there was still stuff that had to be fixed. Does anyone know what book USAA uses? That is the thing that I am worried about, how much money I am going to get. I've already started the process of looking for a new car and it sucks haha. This Explorer was my second, now its basically dead, and the first one died too. I am two for two. My Christmas present this year was the Skyjacker 2" lift and now I don't have the Explorer to put it on. Oh well, I'm pretty sure that I am going to get another Explorer. Have a Merry Christmas all.

Hopefully they use NADA. When i totaled my eclips kelly listed it as 2500 but nada listed it as 3500 so NADA is the better one glad nobody was hurt. when i got in mine my ex was ruched to the hostbital and i went the next day. im kinda like yall three weeks after i got my ex i went mudding and did a six foot nose dive. sucks to hear about everything. good luck man

jason

yeh state farm gave us the nada value - which is much more than kelly blue book.

I guess we will find out tomorrow what they are going to give us for it. Hopefully it is a good amount, KBB was 6200 and NADA was about 6400.

Back