• Register Today It's free!

Wrench light on.

Jay Monfort

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT Stock
Hello I had the check engine light, wrench light, ABS and traction lights on all at one time. I fixed the check engine light for the FTPS code. I had to induce a C1145 ABS code by unplugging the right front sensor because it caused my explorer not to move by locking up the brakes. Before I unplugged the sensor I had the code C1234 RT front wheel sensor signal. I also had the U1900 code while I had the P0453 code. Once I fixed the P0453 and RT wheel hub replacement the only code cleared was the P0453 all the others stayed but everything works fine. I have tried the tricks to erase the code like for example: negitive battery cable with the key turned on for 30 minutes and turned the key off and reconnected neg and the codes C1145, C1234
and U1900 were still there. I also tried the trick of disconnect the pos and neg leads and the connected them together for 30 minutes and reconnected the pos and neg leads and the codes were still there. The wrench light still on after doing these tricks. So do I have to take it to the dealer or use a dealer level code reading tool to clear ABS codes?

I hope somebody can help I am going crazy. The RT hub was bad there was no tone ring inside the hub and the bearing was worn and had play.

Back