Wrench light w/ low tps voltage code & tps "A"/"B" correlation code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wrench light w/ low tps voltage code & tps "A"/"B" correlation code

justinmoore38

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer xlt 4.0l v6
I am ready to drive this thing off the pier into the Atlantic! First I replaced the throttle body assembly w/ tps. Worked for about 5 months then the same codes. I have replaced the tps an additional 2 times. I just put a new tps on yesterday and I'm still getting the A/B correlation tps code. The tps connector wires show no signs of damage. Also, the check charging system light comes on everyday. Alternator output @ 14 volts and battery tested @ 13.7 volts.

Any ideas? I'm thinking it has to be the PCM.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am ready to drive this thing off the pier into the Atlantic! First I replaced the throttle body assembly w/ tps. Worked for about 5 months then the same codes. I have replaced the tps an additional 2 times. I just put a new tps on yesterday and I'm still getting the A/B correlation tps code. The tps connector wires show no signs of damage. Also, the check charging system light comes on everyday. Alternator output @ 14 volts and battery tested @ 13.7 volts.

Any ideas? I'm thinking it has to be the PCM.
Some of those trucks have bad insulation on the wiring. Could be further in. I took one on a test drive once and it was really messed up.

Have you checked voltage to the TPS plug with a multimeter? I am having the same problem right now, haven't tested or replaced anything yet but I did notice that the harness is stretched and laid over the side of the EGR valve, which I assume could do do some damage to the wires inside by heat and/or friction. I'm still trying to get my hands on all of the wiring diagrams & voltages for the TPS harness before I test it all out.

Have you checked voltage to the TPS plug with a multimeter? I am having the same problem right now, haven't tested or replaced anything yet but I did notice that the harness is stretched and laid over the side of the EGR valve, which I assume could do do some damage to the wires inside by heat and/or friction. I'm still trying to get my hands on all of the wiring diagrams & voltages for the TPS harness before I test it all out.
i have diagrams 98 to 2008 on a cd i believe i can copy and send diagrams that apply

i have diagrams 98 to 2008 on a cd i believe i can copy and send diagrams that apply
I appreciate it. I got a look at it today. The sensor was out of range on the ohm meter and the wiring harness is broken right by the connector. I'll be replacing both but don't think I'm going to need the diagram to do it for now.

Back