Wrong hole | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wrong hole

right so i just a phone call from my aunt that she poured powersteering fluid into her transmission. so now tommorrow i have to go and flush it out. WTF. and its goin to be way hot out. were going up to `110 and the average is 95.

ill post updates later on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wrong hole..thats what she said!

hahah u watch that show?

im going to do it tonight already too hot for me outside. ill just rock the maglight tonight and do the fluid change

good luck, can the ps fluid do any damage to the transmission? mess up the seals or anything like that?

Umm, power steering fluid is pretty much the same as ATF.

depends on what kind of p\s fluid. vw audi use a green mineral dased fluid.ford does use atf .so what kind did she use?

I hope that she can tell the difference, other than that you are screwed. You will have to completely flush the tranny. Try about $100-$200 for a good flush.

dammit. well she didnt put a whole lot but i dunno what happens when u do that anyways. so ill just drain it and refill it anyways. as it is now her car is consuming transmission fluid anyways. sun should go down in about two or three hours then ill go out and do it

Back