• Register Today It's free!

Wrong Idle Air Control Valve??

pcsullivan91

Reaction score
City, State
Huntersville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Explorer Sport Trac
I have all the symptomns of a bad IAC but I can't seem to find the correct Valve at any auto parts stores my vlalve looks like this....
getimage.php

but this one is off a 2001 explorer sport not sport trac. All the stores tell me that this is the one i want...

getimage.php

which actually runs well (idles normal) but make the fog horn noise (sucking air) when I turn off my truck???

Do i buy the Explorer Sport IAC? I have a job 1 which I think is the difference.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The right part numbers are:

WELLS Part # 4J1065
MOTORCRAFT Part # CX2065

The connectors do look the same, on the aftermarket its probably just the placement of the connector that confuses most people.

I don't think those are the right part numbers for my turck though. The ports on the valve are different than the factory one on my truck. mine looks like the top picture. I'm thinking because it is a job 1 explorer ford used the same IAC valve as on the explorer sport? can anyone confirm this?

I'm seeing the same one as the bottom one on Rockauto.. I doubt a bunch of auto parts catalogs are wrong..

the only reason i'm doubting it is because they were wrong about my pcv valve also. Even ford had the wrong part listed.

Are you saying your '02 Sport Trac is a Job 1? No Job 1 & Job 2's after 2001 in the 1st generation Sport Trac.

I think the intakes on on the 02 sohc sporttrac and a 01 sohc truck are the same. I am willing to bet the intake ports have a modified/different gasket for the iac.

Intakes on the '01 Job 2 and the '02 are the same, '01 Job 1 is different.

Several Ford Parts sites are saying to order by stamping number.

Oh you will probably get the right part if you just tell the auto parts store that you need an IAC valve for a 1999 Explorer 4door with the 4.0L SOHC engine.

ya sorry i didn't get back. I do have the 01 job 1. I ordered the one for the 99 explorer because it looks identical. I'll let you guys know when it come in. this Job 1 business is frustrating. thanks for help though

ya sorry i didn't get back. I do have the 01 job 1. I ordered the one for the 99 explorer because it looks identical. I'll let you guys know when it come in. this Job 1 business is frustrating. thanks for help though
Yeah, I know. I have a Job 1 also. Dealer gave me the wrong PCV valve once. :rolleyes:

Well it's confirmed. The correct IAC valve for the job 1 explorer is off of the explorer sport.
AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 4J1038 from rock auto did the trick.
Hope this helps someone else.

Back