WTB A4LD 91-94 2wd | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

WTB A4LD 91-94 2wd

friedcajun

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Walton beach, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer
I'm in search of a A4LD out of a 91-94 Explorer/Ranger with a 4.0L
I have a 1991 Explorer I use as a work truck and the transmission needs replacing, the motor is still strong and I like the truck. I would prefer something low mileage but I know that's a little of a stretch. I live in the Southeast US and don't mind driving to purchase or paying a freight charge if you are willing to ship. If I can't find a transmission in a timely matter I am willing to sell the Explorer to anyone interested. Or if anyone knows someone who is reasonable in providing a rebuild service please contact me. Thanks.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

soon2bexplorer2

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lufkin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Expo xlt 4x4 5sp
I don't know what shipping would be but I just bought a running and driving 2wd 92 ex for the engine and the previous owner had the trans rebuilt about 15,000 miles before i got it and the fluid is reddish and doesn't smell burnt. If you're interested

<

friedcajun

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer
I don't know what shipping would be but I just bought a running and driving 2wd 92 ex for the engine and the previous owner had the trans rebuilt about 15,000 miles before i got it and the fluid is reddish and doesn't smell burnt. If you're interested

Where are you located and price?

<

soon2bexplorer2

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lufkin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Expo xlt 4x4 5sp
Lufkin, Tx 75904 I'm trying to get $500 for it and I did drive it some till it warmed up and it shifted smooth in to all gears with no slipping.

<

friedcajun

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer
Lufkin, Tx 75904 I'm trying to get $500 for it and I did drive it some till it warmed up and it shifted smooth in to all gears with no slipping.

Ok cool, I'm a parts manager at a huge dealership so let me get a quote from my freight account and see what it'll cost to ship

<

soon2bexplorer2

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lufkin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Expo xlt 4x4 5sp
If there is any other little parts you need I have a whole parts vehicle too.

<

friedcajun

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer
If there is any other little parts you need I have a whole parts vehicle too.

Actually the truck is in great shape, it only has 94k original miles and the previous owner took great car of it. It's just gonna be a little ride around Truck for when I need to run into town and what not. Just a little irritated I can't seem to find a transmission locally.

<

Bootless

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer 4x4
All I'm saying is pick and pull can be your best friend

<