WTB: Black Tail lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WTB: Black Tail lights

They have them all over ebay.

I was thinking about getting a set of them too. Also a set of the black head lights.

If anyone has any pics of their ST done with them, please post em! Would love to see what they would look like.

They have them all over ebay.

I was thinking about getting a set of them too. Also a set of the black head lights.

If anyone has any pics of their ST done with them, please post em! Would love to see what they would look like.

i was about too buy both the black headlights and taillights as well. seen 1 photo of an st with them looked nice

You can do them yourself. I did mine. It's not too hard just takes some time. I think I got the instructions from some integra forum, but the procedure is pretty much the same. Stick them in the oven at 150 degrees for about 10 mins pull them out pry them apart, clean out all the sealant glue while it's still warm cause when it's cold it's damn near impossible. Tape off the back part of the reflector. Spray paint with paint for plastics like krylon or of the like. take off tape. I would suggest maybe 3M white tape cause green tape will pull off some the the reflective silver. (I paint houses and that is the least adhesive). Then use the sealant/glue used for the window strips. Strap it closed to get good adhesion throughout the headlight and you end up with this. I did both the headlights and the corners. I can get a better picture but I am being kinda lazy at the moment. Alot cheaper than buying those $100 sets of ebay or whatever they cost now.

DSCF0331.jpg

edit: Yay for being sorta dyslexic! I guess this will sorta help someone but I could've sworn the title said head lights.

Back