WTB LOWER STEERING SHAFT (UNRUSTED) 2000 EXPLORER | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WTB LOWER STEERING SHAFT (UNRUSTED) 2000 EXPLORER

turtlecruise

Reaction score
City, State
conway nh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer sohc 4wd
Anyone got one ?? Mine is OK but it wont telescope onto itself anymore due to rust. Will cut it off to install a new(used) one. PIA getting the exhaust manifold off my 2000 SOHC with that in the way. 20000 RPM die grinder with a cutting wheel did the job on the cauliflower appearing rusted bolt/studs !! I nice used EGR tube that runs from the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve would be nice too, but most used ones are sketchy. How about a mint used left OEM exhaust manifold with the EGR tube and the lower steering shaft. JACKPOT !
Not sure if the Dorman 674-465 aftermarket exhaust manifolds are any good. Thanks all-Scott in the NH rust belt !

Anyone got one ?? Mine is OK but it wont telescope onto itself anymore due to rust. Will cut it off to install a new(used) one. PIA getting the exhaust manifold off my 2000 SOHC with that in the way. 20000 RPM die grinder with a cutting wheel did the job on the cauliflower appearing rusted bolt/studs !! I nice used EGR tube that runs from the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve would be nice too, but most used ones are sketchy. How about a mint used left OEM exhaust manifold with the EGR tube and the lower steering shaft. JACKPOT !
Not sure if the Dorman 674-465 aftermarket exhaust manifolds are any good. Thanks all-Scott in the NH rust belt !
I have one. Texas truck

Back