• Register Today It's free!

wtf...start of my progress

DC234

Reaction score
City, State
Marietta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xl
The first picture is my explorer the next two are what I found when I removed the spare to replace the shocks I have to move my shockes around were their at now isnt gonna work i have zero compress movement anyways they have two rubber line connected and hanging the splitter box in the air with way to much hard line that is zipped tide to the fuel neck..the front rubber lines are the same.

Attachments

• 20200729_152913.jpg
    20200729_152913.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 20200810_153439~2.jpg
    20200810_153439~2.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 165

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh now question just sharing what I found to so I had something to come back to later on to show

It looks like somebody replaced the rear brake lines and when they did they used a piece waaaaay tooooo long...the fix is to bend that sucker into the correct shape. Extra length can be cut off and re flared OR but the correct length OR you can coil it up and out of the way.

Previous owner had a bucketful of extra brake lines and no dikes/extra time

I'm assuming they had a hole roll it has new lines from front to rear or at least to were I could see anyways they left all the old lines in place I have since order new extended rubber lines and all new metal lines im waiting on a new rear axle and rear springs ill post pictures why tomarrow

For some reason I could not get this web page to load....any ways looking the the picture doesn't really show it but the leaf perch is squared with the bottom leaf and you can see how far that is out and to top it off its banging on the gas tank skid plate

20200909_175529.jpg

To fix this I just went and got a used ranger 8.8 axle with the same gears for now and yes I had to move my shocks temporarily they kept bottoming out and gave a ruff ride.

the overload leaf has walked on you....happens alot
They make retainers to keep them from walking like that
You can smack it back straight with a big hammer...

I well order some retainers and see if it well work

Got a couple fox shocks for 60 bucks
20200927_115255.jpg

and a set of 20x10 fuel assault wheels i bought em but don't plan to run them tell spring ordered a new set of cheap mud tires
20200927_115242.jpg

I just started a new job and an new baby so funds are low at the moment

Back