X 4.6 3v mods. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X 4.6 3v mods.

Basicly I want to know if anybody knows of any performance parts that are out there, or in production for teh 4.6 3v motors in the Explorers. I know its a new motor to the explorers, but am surprised I have not been able to find much of anything. Are we able to share any parts with the Mustangs? So far, I have found one exhaust, a modified stock throttle body, and the KKM. Sharing the Mustang motor, I was hoping to see a larger selection of "fun" mods.

Exhaust,tuning,CAI's are available. The engine is the same as the stang so the sky is the limit on the internals. I am looking for someone near me to baseline the new Explorer and try some different intake mods.Any takers?

Jah81592......I don't live near you but I would love to toy with my new Explorer 4.6! I was a Ford Tech for 12 years and would love to add a supercharger, air flow mods ect. Send me a message if I could help try new parts!

You all have some options available to you. My advice is to buy an 05+ Mustang GT supercharger kit and modify it to fit on your truck. :thumbsup:

I replied with allot more than this but my computer decided to be dumb. Your answer is yes, the 3v Mustang GT supercharger will work with your truck, you just got to modify a few things. The two most important things are already taken care of which is that the supercharger bolts to your heads and also the front accessories very likely line up just the same too. Everything else is smaller potatos in my eyes. I would only recommend a very competent performance mechanic do this though.

Jah81592......I don't live near you but I would love to toy with my new Explorer 4.6! I was a Ford Tech for 12 years and would love to add a supercharger, air flow mods ect. Send me a message if I could help try new parts!

My first thoughts for the new Explorer is a custom CAI using a C&L meter & cone filter(similar to KKM just my own setup), Tuning and then moving onto exhaust, maybe pulleys and just your basic round of bolt on's. If you are interested contact me at hensonperformance@bham.rr.com

Back