X-Box teaser pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X-Box teaser pics

Here's a couple of shots of then work in progress....

Yea I know the intercooler is hanging a little low...Will raise it as the piping gets laid out.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.JPG
    IMG_1348.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 887
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 857

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks realy good man. im almost getting there to put with a turbo t60trim good luck

kaylene said:
looks realy good man. im almost getting there to put with a turbo t60trim good luck

Hey man we will have to meet up sometime and race the Explorers. old gen vs new gen! I dont know where montgomery, il is at but I live just northwest of Chicago area here. :D

round lake its not that far from where i work my uncle lives in round lake the truck its in the beigning stages still so i have to drive it thats my every day driver the turbo its in the way so its the intercooler the piping i have to make wonse i get every thing so, far its got a cam, shift kit, exhace, and intake pipe my goal for the truck its to run as fast i cant with the stock motor o and a stall 2300, good luke with your truck too

So.! Your Dreams 2007 Will Come True

Hi everyone, I am new on your forum www.explorerforum.com, I've been reading it for a while, and decided to try my luck asking a few questions
Who can tell me more in detail about the this. Please Mail Me..!!
Best Regards..!!

Hi everyone, I am new on your forum www.explorerforum.com, I've been reading it for a while, and decided to try my luck asking a few questions
Who can tell me more in detail about the this. Please Mail Me..!!
Best Regards..!!

Is this a spam message or what? I hate bots.

Update....

My mechanic suks..... I've been trying to sort all the problems out that he F@#%ED up.

-Truck has caught fire. Battery cable rubbed body and shorted out

-Wasted $1600 on a built transmission that shifts like a cadillac and sometimes pops out of gear while making a turn.

-Spent $1600 on headers. Spent $400 extra modifing the adapter flanges, between the header and the head, cause they kept blowing ALL 8 exhaust port gaskets out. Adapters hit an edge on my TFS heads, so they wouldn't seat properly. Paid an additional 250 for "jt coating" which appears to be just grey spray paint, not even hi-temp paint. ALL 8 hreader tubes are rusting like crazy.

- I've been sanding the headers down to prep them myself with hi-temp paint and wrap.

- If I get the headers back on this weekend, I'm going to dyno it in Orlando and see how it does. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the motor came apart because I don't believe that he used any forged parts. I bought a scope to peek around in the block so I'll post the results.

Dom

Update....

My mechanic suks..... I've been trying to sort all the problems out that he F@#%ED up.

-Wasted $1600 on a built transmission that shifts like a cadillac and sometimes pops out of gear while making a turn.

-Spent $1600 on headers. Spent $400 extra modifing the adapter flanges, between the header and the head, cause they kept blowing ALL 8 exhaust port gaskets out. Adapters hit an edge on my TFS heads, so they wouldn't seat properly. Paid an additional 250 for "jt coating" which appears to be just grey spray paint, not even hi-temp paint. ALL 8 hreader tubes are rusting like crazy.

- I've been sanding the headers down to prep them myself with hi-temp paint and wrap.

- If I get the headers back on this weekend, I'm going to dyno it in Orlando and see how it does. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the motor came apart because I don't believe that he used any forged parts. I bought a scope to peek around in the block so I'll post the results.

Dom

Who built your engine and tranny? If you have room, I'd cut the header flanges off and put some thicker ones on.

Update....

Dom

Damn Dom that is terrible! I wish you the best of luck buddy. If there is one person out there that deserves better luck than this it is you. Good luck man.

Send the headers as is to Jet Hot. They will strip rust off inside and out. Then get the Jet Hot 2000 coating. I had them do the Sterling coating on my headers and am very pleased with results.

Well, I rethreaded the sparkplug hole in cylinder #3, since some jackass who has worked on my truck couldn't seem to screw it in correctly. I've also had the headers sandblasted to remove the "Jet Coating" ( which I really believe was just spraypaint, and not even hotpaint at that!) I then recoated them with some VHT paint from Murrays. I'm just going to wrap them in header wrap cause I'm losing paitience with this project.

Here's the headers before I stripped them...

I hope to have things back together by this weekend so I can get it tuned..

BTW... this is how they looked with under 100mi on them....

And the bottom pic is how they look with the VHT spraypaint... a little better, eh?

Attachments

• IMG_1688.JPG
    IMG_1688.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 296

wow that looks damn good afterward. did you just paint them or did you primer them with something before hand

Afboy143

I only sandblasted them then sprayed them with some Very High Tempature spray paint from Murrays Speed and Custom

Cgriffin_5139

It was green and black......I had it custom painted;)

Back