• Register Today It's free!

x got sea foamed and nothen

92Explorer4.0

Reaction score
City, State
Reserve KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 4x4 eddie bauer
Well i sea foamed my x today half in talk and half in vaccum line. Well as i was putting it in the vaccum line it started to smoke alot so i was like thats normal and all so i topped it off and shut it down for 10 mins. started it back up and no smoke. It was smoking when i shut it off and now when i let it sit it didnt smoke. Am i missing something or is my motor that clean lol?

Seafoam doesn't always have the same results... when I foamed my Explorer I sucked up two thirds of a can, only a tiny bit of smoke. Shut it down and let it set per the directions, no smoke after restart. I know I did it by the directions so I'm guessing my motor just wasn't too cruddy.

Take it as a good sign if you didn't get smoke. You probably just have a clean motor. If they're not abused and are maintained regularly that can help keep 'em clean.

i have alot of miles on her and all and it does use leak or use oil i think but never did a oil on her yet sinced i ownd it just keep on adding oil. so i would think it owuld be dirty with alot of miles but geuss not. might try it again later on down the road when its not so cold out

Does your Oil smell like Seafoam?
It smokes while it running because it is burning Seafoam. When you let it sit, It may be getting past and cleaning the Rings and Piston Grooves.

Back