• Register Today It's free!

X-Plan Fee Question

willyray0702

Reaction score
City, State
New Hampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
I've ordered an XLT using X-plan. The dealer's draft invoice has the X-plan price, the usual taxes, tags, inspection changes and a $75 document fee, all of which look fine.

Then there is an $81 "Dealers Inventory Tax," which the invoice later discloses is not a tax at all, but is an amount charged by the dealer to offset property taxes the dealer pays.

I'm thinking this is not an allowed charge under X-plan. I'll raise this with the dealer but I'd like to get the benefit of others' experience first. Has anyone run in to this?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't remember if I had something like that on mine. But even if I did, $81 on a $47,000 vehicle isn't even worth arguing over.

Never paid any fees on X-plan

My dealer tried to charge me a $500 doc fee and I literally had to show him the website where it says "limit is $100".

There is a frequently asked questions section I am sure you could show your dealer.

The X-Plan web site says that they can charge a maximum $100 document fee and that there is a $275 admin. fee included in the X-Plan price. It doesn't say anything about whether they can charge other fees.

I just had issues with a dealer charging extra fees on an x-plan purchase. I called the help line on the website and was told they cannot charge any fees over the max. $100 doc fee. We had used the x-plan before without any issues.

I just bought in TX via X-Plan. Let me dig up the paperwork and see what we paid...

With Xplan, they can only charge you $100 more then the xplan price to cover their fees. In the event that state law requires dealers to charge X fee (flat fee for every customer), which some states do, they are to submit that to Ford and Ford pays the fee.

End result, you only pay $100 more then Xplan period.

I've ordered an XLT using X-plan. The dealer's draft invoice has the X-plan price, the usual taxes, tags, inspection changes and a $75 document fee, all of which look fine.

Then there is an $81 "Dealers Inventory Tax," which the invoice later discloses is not a tax at all, but is an amount charged by the dealer to offset property taxes the dealer pays.

I'm thinking this is not an allowed charge under X-plan. I'll raise this with the dealer but I'd like to get the benefit of others' experience first. Has anyone run in to this?

Thanks.

Had a salesman try to up doc fees with me. He didn't know it, but he lost the sale at that point ..... I moved on.

I just bought in TX via X-Plan. Let me dig up the paperwork and see what we paid...
My invoice did have $70 for "dealer inventory tax". I didn't question it

a) because it said "tax" and
b) because it was only $70.

There were no other fees aside from sales tax and registration.

Back