• Register Today It's free!

X-Spec Suspension Kit

sonnysux

Reaction score
City, State
TEXAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SPORT TRACK
I got 2001 ford explorer sport track...will the X-Spec Suspension Kit be good to get to lower it.....how low can I get it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Every truck is different so you might be able to lower it 3" or no lower than 1" it all depends and i think the X-Spec IAS shocks are for 1 1/2" drop i could be wrong should tell ya on the EE site.

Consult with EE about the shock length question. The Sport Tracs have different leaf springs, so lowering will depend on how much, etc. If they are interchangeable with a four door, and you want a lot of drop, you may be better to change leafs. EE should know that also.

I have liked the X-spec kit on my 98, but it was specifically for it. A Sport Trac may respond differently. Good luck,
Don

the X-Spec kit is a waste of money IMHO opinion...I dont think there is $700 worth of parts in the box....and I havent heard anything good about the edelbrock shocks

They are quality parts, and the company has good customer service. Am lot of people have individually bought lowering blocks, bump stops, camber plates, anti-sway bars, and shocks. Other parts may be cheaper, but other than the shocks they aren't a better quality.

I haven't had any problems with my IAS shocks for 43,000 miles. I installed the X-Spec kit, and 17" Cobra wheels, one month after I bought the truck. Yes the ride is firmer, some would call it harsh. The shocks might be part of it, but it is a truck with low profile tires. Good luck.

CDW6212R said:
They are quality parts, and the company has good customer service. Am lot of people have individually bought lowering blocks, bump stops, camber plates, anti-sway bars, and shocks. Other parts may be cheaper, but other than the shocks they aren't a better quality.

I haven't had any problems with my IAS shocks for 43,000 miles. I installed the X-Spec kit, and 17" Cobra wheels, one month after I bought the truck. Yes the ride is firmer, some would call it harsh. The shocks might be part of it, but it is a truck with low profile tires. Good luck.

So you bought the x-sunspension kit and bought other shocks or what?
Doesn't the x-suspension kit come with shocks?
Did you drop your explorer?

what you think I should get the kit?....I plan to put some 20 inch or 22 inch rims on my truck but till later

Do a TT on the front, you may need camber adjusters and an alighnment for sure.
Block the back.
Get a set of rancho 5000s for a normal trac, you will not need diff bumpstops.
been there done that

Good advice, from an owner of a matching vehicle. Some people choose to buy only some of the parts from EE. I didn't have any other recommendations of Explorer owners, and I bought the whole kit. I have heard good things about two or three other shocks. I may try some different shocks later.
Don

spindlecone said:
Do a TT on the front, you may need camber adjusters and an alighnment for sure.
Block the back.
Get a set of rancho 5000s for a normal trac, you will not need diff bumpstops.
been there done that

I dont really know about lower trucks and suspension and that stuff....so..
whats a TT?
where can I get rancho 5000s?
and how low will this get my truck and will I still have good suspension?

help me out man...I wanna lower my truck but not have a messed up suspension.

sonnysux said:
I dont really know about lower trucks and suspension and that stuff....so..
whats a TT?
where can I get rancho 5000s?
and how low will this get my truck and will I still have good suspension?

help me out man...I wanna lower my truck but not have a messed up suspension.
Torsion twist, easy to do, is plenty on this site using the search button.
Being a 100% streeter, ranchos were my choice, they work for me.
Alot of trac owners swere by Monroe reflex shocks also.
Am dropped 3 inches in the back (blocks) 2.5 front TT.
You will need an alignment for sure, your 01 may not need camber adjusters if it's a job 1 (early 01 build date)
An EE sway bar will be a major plus, get one.
I love the way my trac rides, have no problems with the suspension, truck feels far more stable.JMO

Make your first decision the comfort level that you want. That will determine the best shocks, and how low you can go without sacrificing the ride too much. A lot of people here can point you to very good shocks, if you can communicate what kind of ride is too rough for you, etc.

Certain shocks ride harder, rougher, etc. The Rancho 5000 is stiffer than the Reflex shock, as an example. Good luck.

Back