X_box!!! Post Your Damn Update In Here!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X_box!!! Post Your Damn Update In Here!!!

Dom,

You got to post your update in here man,.......with pictures if you got them. You have the 2nd fastest X on this site besides Troll, and now I know you have an XB-1A too! I do feel ya on the small fortune but at least let myself and the others take a look at that bad boy! Maybe even an under the hood shot or two? Hehe. And I thought I was slacking in the updates department. ;) :p

Take care buddy and I hope to see you in here soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rocket 5979 said:
Dom,

You got to post your update in here man,.......with pictures if you got them. You have the 2nd fastest X on this site besides Troll, and now I know you have an XB-1A too! I do feel ya on the small fortune but at least let myself and the others take a look at that bad boy! Maybe even an under the hood shot or two? Hehe. And I thought I was slacking in the updates department. ;) :p

Take care buddy and I hope to see you in here soon.

Apperently he doesnt care..... But do you know whats going on? :thumbsup:

STEVE-O said:
Apperently he doesnt care..... But do you know whats going on? :thumbsup:

Yes I do. Yeah he doesn't post many threads anymore. I was seeing if I couldn't draw him out. lol. ;)

Only thing I can do is post some pics he sent me from back in November 2004:

Attachments

• XB1.jpg
    XB1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 432
  • XB3.JPG
    XB3.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 437

Found more:

Attachments

• XB2.JPG
    XB2.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 424
  • XB4.JPG
    XB4.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 419

BeauJ said:
Found more:

Thanks Beau, I got those already. lol. Still nice pics. :D

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the lack of posts. Since the progress has been painfully slow, I thought I'd wait till it was done.

The truck is in the driveway.

Here's an update,

XB is installed along with headers, new intake, cam, stall converter, transmission, intercooler and some other misc stuff. I'm dropping it off 3/7 to get the intercooler piping done through Troll's brother Dan.

I will post pics when things look alittle better under the hood. Everything should be done in the next week.

Dom

X-Box said:
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the lack of posts. Since the progress has been painfully slow, I thought I'd wait till it was done.

The truck is in the driveway.

Here's an update,

XB is installed along with headers, new intake, cam, stahl converter, transmission, intercooler and some other misc stuff. I'm dropping it off 3/7 to get the intercooler piping done through Troll's brother Dan.

I will post pics when things look alittle better under the hood. Everything should be done in the next week.

Dom

FINALLY!!! hehe. just kidding bud. ;)

Be glad to hear what it puts down here soon. BTW, tell Dan to answer his emails. hehe. I been attempting to contact him and Bill for a few weeks now. They better be making progress with the big turbo by god! ;)

Oh by the way, can I have your transmission? :D

Dom, post some detail on the headers, trans work, and what converter you went with.

I am with you 100% on the painfully slow part. My Ranger has been parked in the driveway since LAST April!

tmsoko said:
Dom, post some detail on the headers, trans work, and what converter you went with.

I am with you 100% on the painfully slow part. My Ranger has been parked in the driveway since LAST April!

Heck, I would say that being that Bill (Troll) is going with a turbo that Dom may very well have gotten his hands on Bill's old custom headers. Dom???

I hear you on the painfully slow comment. I am really thankfull my KB 2.2 install went as relatively as smooth as it did, when compared to what I was prepared to deal with. I guess so far my version of painfully slow has been the 2 year waiting/planning period when I was stationed overseas.

Dom has been going at his Explorer since when I was still in the beginning stages of building my old 5.0 Explorer... I say Murphy should give the poor fella a break and let him rip down some big numbers!

Haha Robert, I can't even count how many times I sent PM's asking about selling those headers. Looking good man, can't wait to see some new pics

As for the slow process, that's the reason I got rid of mine. Plus I had 86,000 miles and I was wearing it out slowly but surely. Every time I put a mod on, I had something that was necessary to fix for double the price. It made every crack, creak and squeak you can think of also. I was only 20 at then, and didn't have the time nor funds by a long shot to do what I wanted with it. I WILL own another and it will be a beast. Just don't know when :D

BeauJ said:
Haha Robert, I can't even count how many times I sent PM's asking about selling those headers. Looking good man, can't wait to see some new pics

As for the slow process, that's the reason I got rid of mine. Plus I had 86,000 miles and I was wearing it out slowly but surely. Every time I put a mod on, I had something that was necessary to fix for double the price. It made every crack, creak and squeak you can think of also. I was only 20 at then, and didn't have the time nor funds by a long shot to do what I wanted with it. I WILL own another and it will be a beast. Just don't know when :D

I guess I am going the backwards way from your approach. hehe. I am doing the hard to mod vehicles first. Then once I have satisfied my curiousity there I will move onto the easy vehicles to mod, like Cobra's, L's Camaros, Vette's and stuff. ;) At least once I actually get to start modding true performance vehicles I will not have any problems doing so whatsoever. lol. God it would be soooooo nice to not have to make most of my own parts!

See, like you, I wanted to stand out and have a true sleeper that no one would expect. What better that a box on wheels explorer that already has a 5.0 in it. Yea, it would blow having to fab up brackets and such because there is no market, which I wasn't looking foward to. Not because the money, but because of the availability of finding someone to do it. I wanted an L since 98' when they showed one in Truckin' Magazine. I'll be hanging on to it for a long time as a collectors item. The market is bigger, but with only 28,000 trucks, the parts can be F'n pricey. ie: polished Accufab single blade throttle body=$430. Crazy. The air intake kits alone brand new are anywhere from $120-170. And all it includes is a 12" cone filter and a maf adapter. You can buy the filter for a $50 bucks, so why the hell is a $15 adapter costing me over $70??? The new Summit store opened up 20 mins from me, so 5.0 parts will not be a problem to get, hehe.

Back