xeek's full width sas | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

xeek's full width sas

march 2010, first got it
DSC_1690.jpg

roughly september 2011 i believe, 5.5/5 on stock axles. 31 spline disc 8.8. 3.73 open front, aussie locked rear, and 32x11.50
419413_2424584345272_1926848835_n.jpg

PLANS:

drivetrain:
rebuilt 302 from a 79 f150
c6 tranny
2.70:1 strong box with 2.70:1 bw1356
twin stick cable shifters for the tcases
late model bronco tcase flange to make rockwell shaft bolt on
custom driveshafts

suspension:
2.5 ton toploaders
6.72 gear
open diffs(depending on how it does itll i may not weld it)
lower cradle/subframe 2" .120 wall dom
triangulated 4 link front and rear, 1.25" heims, 2" .25 wall dom
FOA 2.5 reservoir coil overs
250lb/150lb front coils, 200lb/150lb rear coils

tires&wheels:
44x19.5x16.5 boggers
16.5x8.25 TWF recentered h1 beadlocks with rockrings and pvc inserts

other:
full cage 2" .120 wall dom
front racing seats with 5 point
some kind of storage for fluids and tools in the back
gotpropane.com propane kit for the 302

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea james, It will be illegal in va lol. But ill have to have it plated for the trails. And I'm gonna drive it round the neighborhood and such lol
Should be 96" wide depending on how the ballooning of the tires affect it.

Damn that's wide. But you have clearance lights to tell people you're over 80" wide so its all good lol.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Seems like a lot of work to just take it out in the woods and run it into trees, LOL.

haha john. there will be no "running into trees" just "running through those measly trees"

4.0sport, yea im coming along pretty well. i still have the 3/4 alxes and duff parts. gonna sell it all eventually. havent tried yet

So is this build going to go through the mudhole that ate your super duty?

the front of the truck being cut off was easier than lining up a converter to a motor 3ft in the air. so motor and tranny went in as one. needed a new clip anyway

1501786_10201531514944748_979655155_n.jpg

so the 302 and c6 are in now. waiting for my tcase to come in still..

Thanks for the picture man, I might be getting a 390 out of my neighbor's '63 Thunderbird (he has four of them and two are parts cars), still need to search for a trans and transfercase. Are you getting glass fenders or staying with stock width fenders?

I kinda figured you were gonna stick with the stock front clip, there's no covering up those wide axles and tires. lol

Its possible, but I rather not bother. I'm just gonna bang it all up again anyway.

Jacob at is taking forever to build my strong box. Its been almost two months... but once I get it my buddy better get his ass in gear and finish the cage Nd suspension so I can play with the seats, motor, and wiring.

Back