• Register Today It's free!

XLS Bumpers

mecheng2

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLS
Just purchase my first Ex, so now the modding begins, got to put a little personal touch on it! Anyways, one of the things I want to address is the kinda boring bumpers. My Ex is red with the gray bumpers, they look a little goofy on the XLS model to me. I have considered doing a truck bed liner on them, painting them gloss black, or even getting a matching red. Just wondering what people think is the best look for them. I am leaning towards the truck bed liner at the moment, but if anyone has pictures I would love to see some options!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just purchase my first Ex, so now the modding begins, got to put a little personal touch on it! Anyways, one of the things I want to address is the kinda boring bumpers. My Ex is red with the gray bumpers, they look a little goofy on the XLS model to me. I have considered doing a truck bed liner on them, painting them gloss black, or even getting a matching red. Just wondering what people think is the best look for them. I am leaning towards the truck bed liner at the moment, but if anyone has pictures I would love to see some options!!

Are you talking about the front and back trimmed bumpers? Or just the black step on the back bumper? I am going to be painting the black step on my back bumper with some bedliner to get that nice black look to it.

You could always spice up the X with a bull bar or grille guard on the front. My X is red with a bull bar, cost me $135 shipped to my door.
bullbarfoggys.jpg

DSCN3517.jpg

DSCN3517.jpg

My ex is a 2002 XLT

The fog lights are not on mine anymore, will be getting some brighter ones soon. But they look sweet with a bull bar and some fogs mounted on. The bull bars are easy to install and look good. Here is a link for the one I have http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bull...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

It depends on if its a street truck (DD, no-mild off roading) or a trail rig.

I personally love the look of Ex'es with painted bumpers, it just looks a million times better than the plain gray plastic, or even just the chrome/black ones.

+1 for painting it either glossy black, or to match the body.

I read a few weeks ago someone used a dye on his and turned them black. I can't find the post though. They weren't glossy, but they looked 100 times better than the grey.

Black would look better than grey, but glossy black, or painted to match the body will look a million times better.

Thats one thing I never cared for on Explorers were the plain gray bumpers on the XLS'es, I know theyre just basic Explorers, but I bet alot more would have sold if they painted MORE lol

imo paint the bumpers red if its gonna be a dd and rhino line them if you are going towards a trail rig

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure I would call it a trail rig, but I do a fair amount of hunting and ice fishing (driving on the lakes) so it sees plenty of time off pavement. I think I am leaning towards the truck liner. Then doing a push bumper with some fog lights!

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure I would call it a trail rig, but I do a fair amount of hunting and ice fishing (driving on the lakes) so it sees plenty of time off pavement. I think I am leaning towards the truck liner. Then doing a push bumper with some fog lights!

nice purchase of your new truck, if you are more of an outdoors man it would be a great mod for your new truck. there are many ford truck bumpers sold by aftermarkets you may want to look on that. btw Kyle that truck looks so amizing. :D :thumbsup:

Back