Xlt explorer custom_s 1997 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Xlt explorer custom_s 1997

The never ending spend eh LOL I know how that is haha, let us know how you go with the winch bracket/frame ok :D :australia
Mines got snatch/tow eyelets from chassis through bull-bar so I don't have to use that horrible recovery point underneath so winch might not be the go for me. :(

yeah, so true aye....!;)
im not far off to finish my plan, two more things and im done.... (i hope..!)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

love the look really wish mine was white like that looks so clean and i can show off the mud better haha. i wanna know where to get those fender flares i have i 99 xlt and ive only seen that fender trim on the eddie bauers around here i really want em they look good also what lift kit did you use or is it just the shackles and torsion bar twist?

love the look really wish mine was white like that looks so clean and i can show off the mud better haha. i wanna know where to get those fender flares i have i 99 xlt and ive only seen that fender trim on the eddie bauers around here i really want em they look good also what lift kit did you use or is it just the shackles and torsion bar twist?

thanks!:) yeah i like it white and it gets really dirty and looks good, regarding about the flares im pretty sure its a factory and im not sure if different from other country...

i used this kit....
lift1-1.jpg

and yes did the torsion bar twist and the shackles too...

How are you keeping that nasty lower tow point! That's a problem waiting to happen, and have you tried using it when you're bogged in the mud????

Ima have to pay you to fab stuff up for the explorer haha! You do a fantastic job.

Oh yeah nearly forgot, what specs are the wheels? I'm getting some made up in late december, what offset did you use and are they sitting out further than standard?

How are you keeping that nasty lower tow point! That's a problem waiting to happen, and have you tried using it when you're bogged in the mud????

oh does it really get stuck? nah never happen to me YET...! and i hope not... should i take them off?

yeah ill find out the specs and let you know, i just gotta find my invoice...

How are you keeping that nasty lower tow point! That's a problem waiting to happen, and have you tried using it when you're bogged in the mud????QUOTE]

oh does it really get stuck? nah never happen to me YET...! and i hope not... should i take them off?

yeah ill find out the specs and let you know, i just gotta find my invoice...

I bent mine on a downward angle, then it just becomes a point to catch on everything. I had two tow points welded to the steel bar infront of the chassis connection to be strong. I planned on using the bracket it connects to, to bolt up a custom skid plate (it's absolutely perfect!) over the IFS from the chassis infront of the radiator.

Sweet rig ! , The pics Are great too , Liking that front Bumper Allot !!

Great work so far!!! You might wanna fab up a skid plate to protect your radiator though.

I'm not done building mine but I have the first three bars built.

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_5717.jpg

Great work so far!!! You might wanna fab up a skid plate to protect your radiator though.

I'm not done building mine but I have the first three bars built.

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_5717.jpg

woah that looks agressive, very nice....!
yeah thats one on my list too, just need to make a bracket mount for a winch then skid plate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back