Xlt explorer custom_s 1997 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Xlt explorer custom_s 1997

temp-pictures163.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pull out your sway bar, youll get better movement in the rear, ive pulled mine out and it is alot better, it still handles well on road too, i need to get a longer rear brake line and rear shocks as i am maxed out with them on full flex.

pull out your sway bar, youll get better movement in the rear, ive pulled mine out and it is alot better, it still handles well on road too, i need to get a longer rear brake line and rear shocks as i am maxed out with them on full flex.

No difference on driving without swaybars? Im thinking about it but im just worried and i guess trying wont hurt that much,;)
Yeah im planning to get a longer braided brake hoses for my Xplorer and about the shocks absorber please let me know where and what brand can you buy these shocks and i need one for the front as well...
Or is there any option we can get a shock absorber extender bracket?

Pls keep me inform thanks....

I can't notice it. I've got 6 spring leaf pack in the rear no sway bar or (5th shock) the one in the front of the rear diff. And it handles just fine. I can drive it pretty hard through corners without any problem. I'll keep you posted when I look into the shocks some more.

I can't notice it. I've got 6 spring leaf pack in the rear no sway bar or (5th shock) the one in the front of the rear diff. And it handles just fine. I can drive it pretty hard through corners without any problem. I'll keep you posted when I look into the shocks some more.

Oh, did you say that you dont have the 5th shocks as well and still good handling on corners.

Yeah please keep me posted...

Just did the Brown Wire Mod....

here's the link... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149388&highlight=slip+locker

i made myself a switch near the 4WD switch and installed a RED led light behind it to remind me if its ON or OFF... RED means OFF and its on rear wheel drive only (4wd auto disconnected)
temp-pictures358.jpg
temp-pictures357.jpg

the Blue led light is the park light, this how it looks like at night....
temp-pictures355.jpg
temp-pictures354.jpg

very simple and it works....!;)

Good, now for the auto lokka LOL :D :australia

My X has "LOKKAS" in the front, & with the brown wire mod on (2wd) all the time except when 4wding.
There are some slight noises going around corners or turning out of driveway, with the occasional louder clunk now & then, especially after reversing then going forward. Should see the faces in supermarket parking bays LOL.
It was put in by a previous owner & not by a mechanic (I've talked to him), it makes one HELL of a difference when 4wding but you just have to remember to switch back to 2wd as they're not meant for all wheel drives!! :D :australia
You could just leave it in 4x4 High whilst just doing ordinary stuff as with brown wire off you'd just be in 2wd, low still works great in 2wd also, good for boat ramps & such or reversing a heavy trailer/caravan.

glen_a where about in Sydney are you located?
I'd love to check out your X sometime. Looks fantastic!
I'm going to put e-lockers, lift and sliders on my 03 next year.
Good to see something that isn't a patrol or landcruiser with plenty of work.

glen_a where about in Sydney are you located?
I'd love to check out your X sometime. Looks fantastic!
I'm going to put e-lockers, lift and sliders on my 03 next year.
Good to see something that isn't a patrol or landcruiser with plenty of work.

Yeah mendy, how are ya? Yeah im located at St Peters, sure no prob my friend you can come anytime you want. Nah im sick of this landcruiser+jeep+patrol around and need to be different. Even ARB guys near my shop are very impressed from the Xplorer... Just PM me and yeah we catch up...

Yeah mendy, how are ya? Yeah im located at St Peters, sure no prob my friend you can come anytime you want. Nah im sick of this landcruiser+jeep+patrol around and need to be different. Even ARB guys near my shop are very impressed from the Xplorer... Just PM me and yeah we catch up...

I'm at Wattle Grove near Liverpool.
I don't get back to Oz until end of December so ill hit you up then.
By the way is your snorkel of a 60series cruiser?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm at Wattle Grove near Liverpool.
I don't get back to Oz until end of December so ill hit you up then.
By the way is your snorkel of a 60series cruiser?

no prob, yeah the snorkel is off 80ser i think... one of the Xplorer_member sold it to me...

Back