XLT HD Radio???

huskerroo

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
Hi all,

I've had my '11 XLT 202A for about 10 days but have been reading / studying for much longer (ordered it in late May). This forum, blog sites, Ford site, etc. so I feel I have a decent handle on its gadgets. So here is my story / question....

This morning, MFT was on the home screen, entertainment area (lower left) was on radio setting. When I started the vehicle this morning, I swear there was a little HD logo on the right hand side of that little red area. I quickly pushed the 'button' to go to entertainment and there was a FM HD button next to the [stuff to do] bar that has seek, etc. Then they both went away after about 2 seconds.

I assume it was simply a software load glitch...but is there any possibility of similar tuners to the limited with simply a blocking of that feature? If the latter, is there a workaround?? :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I suspect that your XLT has HD radio, so my answer will assume that.

If a station in your area is HD, usually (almost always) they will also broadcast in regular FM as well. The signal strengh determines if your radio will go in HD mode or not. Same station, same music, just higher quality and much more information about programing in HD mode.

If you drive your EX around, you find this same station move in (and out) of HD mode, again depending on signal stregth.

That's interesting. My understanding was that only the Sony system only available on the Limited had HD Radio capabilities...perhaps I was in error??

Also XLT and also had the yellow HD icon up once. Never saw it again. But it was there!

Back