XLT vs. 8 pt Whitetale | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XLT vs. 8 pt Whitetale

a fat old 8 point ran into the side my explorer today. i was breaking because of the doe in front of me and i swerved and missed her but the damn buck chasing her ran into me. he got the rear passenger door, the rear quarter panel, and the rear tale light. That ******* didnt even have decency to die so i could have some fresh meat. my maker was watching out for me though, it could have been really bad.

so do any of you guys and gals have a spare rear tale light for a 95 xlt? i think that they are the same from 95-97.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Deer me, that's terrible! Quite a tail of woe. At least the horn still works. Doe you know how much it'll cost to fix?
Hope it isn't big bucks!

(I know, I know, I'm just trying to help his mood.....):rolleyes:

i think that you have had too many spirits.

doesnt look too bad. may be i will get all of my little odds and ends fixed while im at it. like my TCASE.

Get that Tcase fixed - we run in 2 weeks!

Don't worry about the body damage - report it, but hold off on the appraisal till after the Mine (just in case)

BTW - Are you really this prone to breakage? :D

Jon

im prone to driving like a monster! and hence breakage.
i might still be able to pull off the trip as i might not be able to afford the $500.00 deductible.

wife has a say though so we'll see. i want to go so bad....

just got back from discount. they want 113 for a replacement assembly. ford wants even more. there IS a difference between months. i have a 1/95 and the assembly is somehow different after the first month of production. thanks for the link anyway chucky. i appreciatte it.

damn. that sucks big time. well at least you didn't cream the deer in front. i know several people that have hit deer on the highway, totalling their car/truck and some even went to the hospital because of it. rear tail lights you can find at scrap yards for dirt cheap. you might even be able to pick up a rear door and quarter panel if you're lucky that's in descent condition. look for a head on collision victim in the scrap yard. if you have a popular color explorer it will be all that much more easier to have matching paint, and lot less costly too!!

i had the exact same thing happen to me in 1996 (wasn't an 8 pointer though, just a couple spikes)

Sorry to hear about you whacking a deer. Out here where I live, drilling deer with cars is almost a sport. My one neighbor and his family have hit 4 deer with 3 different cars in the last 3 months. My buddy up at the end of our valley took out 2 deer in 2 days with his F-150. I see deer crossing the road in front of me about 3 days a week on the way into work. It's a helluva way to hunt!!.

Hey, whaddya know, 1000 posts!:rolleyes:

You sure you didnt get hit by a bear? Sounds like one monster of a deer to me to hit that much of your truck, unless he jumped sideways or something before he ran into you ;)

or he was going really fast.

lol the way you tell that story is hillarious. my buddy in his civic dx ran over a duck yesterday going 70mph. there were feathers all over the car. it was funny

hittingthe ditch is what got the most damage to occur. the alignment is way off and the front axle is leaking juice. if i wasnt wearing a seat belt i would have smashed my head on the roof.

hitting deer is pretty common around here. i live in a large county but there are only 7k people. the county is 80% logging woods and 18% farms leaving the rest to the river and the ONE town in the county. so we have the deer to human ratio that warrants itself to carnage. the thing is i had just told my wife that i wanted to get a grill guard in case i hit a deer. if i had a GG i would have hit th efirst one dead on.

the appraiser is coming to the house in about an hour so i wil find out if they will cover the transmission and any other damage other than the body work.

Ya know Gabe,
It's no coinciidence that your tranny blew now. Sudden shock and trauma caused by squashing a whitetail will cause any transmission to go into shock. I bet you can get that covered...

J

hey buchville, that really sucks. i was just a hair away from tagging a doe the other night. i was shaking for fifteen minutes after! good luck on getting her fixed. oh, btw...thanks chucky, i got the driver side taillight those people were selling on ebay. i've needed a new one for a year and a half!

they are covering everything! even stuff that was broke before hand.

Back