XM Connectivity?

MO_GUY

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Farber, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explo Sport 4.0 SOHC
How can I go about hooking up an XM system to my current cd player when it's not XM ready? It is a Blaupunkt MP3000....my uncle has a Pioneer unit with his stock stereo and it sounded awesome and very clear...and he only pays 9.99 a month so I was thinking of buying it soon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just get a Delphi Skifi system with car kit and FM mod if you need it. then you can use it in the house too and at the beach or camping.

the delphi is a great add-on piece. i have mine running thru the included tape adaptor to my factory head unit, and yup: it sounds like ass. If you want a decent mount for it, go to www.xmfanstore.com and look for the "pro-fit mount." It's the easiest, and most bulletproof way of mounting it. Or you can use the adhesive pad with the delphi car kit. I mounted my skyfi directly to the top-right of my center console pockets, in front of the cupholders, and just below the trim below the climate controls. If I had the $650 right now to get the pioneer premier head unit and xm tuner I'm going to upgrade to, I'm sure I could give you a deal on mine.

Back