• Register Today It's free!

Xplan Pricing Conflicts

pete497

Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
So I ordered a new Sport a few weeks ago and while going through the numbers at the dealer I noticed that something was not adding up right. After nagging the salesman long enough we figured out that the pricing I was getting through the Ford Xplan website and what their system was showing was off by about $200.

He promised to fix the difference taking it out of the Doc fee which was $249. I got him to mark the order sheet accordingly. But then I noticed that according to Ford the dealer is only permitted to charge a maximum of $100 for document fees.

I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I ordered a new Sport a few weeks ago and while going through the numbers at the dealer I noticed that something was not adding up right. After nagging the salesman long enough we figured out that the pricing I was getting through the Ford Xplan website and what their system was showing was off by about $200.

He promised to fix the difference taking it out of the Doc fee which was $249. I got him to mark the order sheet accordingly. But then I noticed that according to Ford the dealer is only permitted to charge a maximum of $100 for document fees.

I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

Ask you dealer about this. The rules specifically state they are allowed a MAXIMUM of $100 doc fee. They can lose their license for violating this.

So I ordered a new Sport a few weeks ago and while going through the numbers at the dealer I noticed that something was not adding up right...

Hi pete497,

Congratulations on ordering! Send me a PM with your order number and dealer name; I'll provide you with weekly updates on your Explorer's status. Keep me posted on how things go at your dealership. If you'd like, I can document any feedback you have about your experience.

Crystal

Hey Pete497! Did you talk to them about the doc fee? Just sent an email to my salesman asking about this same time thing. My dealer is charging $200 but my xplan paperwork clearly states they can only charge $100 unless state allows otherwise...and even if the state allows higher it looks like Ford Motor Company covers the difference (at least that's how I read it)...

That hasn't come up again and since they said they were going to adjust that fee to correct the X-plan price I haven't been too worried about it. The fee is listed on the preprinted order confirmation form so I don't think its a conscious act. However, if you didn't read that paperwork I'm sure it would slip through.

The vehicle is supposed to arrive shortly so hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Hey Pete497! Did you talk to them about the doc fee? Just sent an email to my salesman asking about this same time thing. My dealer is charging $200 but my xplan paperwork clearly states they can only charge $100 unless state allows otherwise...and even if the state allows higher it looks like Ford Motor Company covers the difference (at least that's how I read it)...

Back