Yellow ABS & red brake light on an Aerostar. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yellow ABS & red brake light on an Aerostar.

jerrylong

Reaction score
City, State
portland oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 aerostar xlt
I have owned a 1991, a 1995 xlt and an Eddie Bauer xlt aerostar; all are 4 liter engines. They all have had the brake and the abs dash light on. Is there a sequence or otherwise to reset this problem? I was told that I could use air pressure to clean the sensors; what is the best method? I also wanted to note that the problem with aerostars is not the tranny...it is the fact that the motor mounts break; thus putting a tilt pressure on the tranny; causing the tranny to go out. Check your motor mounts. I am not a mechanic however I have learned alot about aerostars. What else should I be aware of? Thanx so much!

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the Aerostar section. Check the sticky thread on ABS systems: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241825. You have to initiate the scan on the ABS module to flash out the code. It might have a bad solenoid block, diode/resistor, differential speed sensor, etc.

Back