• Register Today It's free!

Yep, it's another noob

-Luke-

Reaction score
City, State
San Carlos, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
As the title may or may not suggest, I am new to the boards and was wonderin if yall could help me out with my x. i got an 01 xlt white and was wonderin how i should start moddin this lean machine so it can be a bad ass mother. i wanna start off with some performance upgrades (i.e., air intake, fuel injection, exhaust, ect.), cuz the last time i hit my ride up with some cosmetic improvements (stereo) it all got stolen. and when i say all, i mean all. So...any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lift it!...haha

welcome to the site. sounds like you have a few ideas. looking aroudn this site will give you alot of ideas for your truck. good luck!

Welcome
cosmetic improvments!!! Just talk to the first poster. He has a very nice looking truck and is not just limited to cosmetics. Me, don't pay attention too. LOL Enjoy the site

rookieshooter said:
Welcome
cosmetic improvments!!! Just talk to the first poster. He has a very nice looking truck and is not just limited to cosmetics. Me, don't pay attention too. LOL Enjoy the site

i dont know how to take that... :(

Golly, some people are just so sensative :D

welcome to the site luke, looks like you live right around me

i hate it when people get so off topic on these post :fire: , i mean some people might be looking for information that they can use! ;)

i guess some of this stuff helped me out. and as i said earlier, i am not going to be doing any cosmetic mods to my truck until later. if you have any suggestions for performance mods, those would be appreciated.

and to bigdave, im up in northern cali just south of san fransisco in the bay area.

dont forget the suspention. get some new shocks, and explorers are big they need better brakes i have power slot rotors(www.tirerack.com) on the front and preformance pads(HAWK from www.tirerack.com) all around. and they work great, i do have to watch locking the brakes now. I also have rancho RSX shocks at all four corners (www.gorancho.com). In the back i also have a spring on top of my leaf springs, in front of the axle, that helps to stop wheel hop and reduces body roll(http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...tom-0/p-2005971/N-111+10205+600009171/c-10105). I also have an intake (K&N www.summitracing.com), spark plug wires (TAYLOR www.summitracing.com), exhaust (MAGNAFLOW www.magnaflow.com), and i am getting a tuner from www.bamachips.com. when i get the tuner i am having my x dyno tuned and i will put the dyno sheets up here to tell you about how i did.

Back