Yet another 5.5" lift complete | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yet another 5.5" lift complete

Well I installed a 3.73 l/s rear end, 3.73 with lockrite frontend, Superlift Superrunner 5.5 lift. Extended the rear driveshaft 3/4". Replaced a ton of U-joints, front spindles, brakepads, etc. Extended superlift brakelines, Rancho RS5000's for the front, did a SOA with superlift brackets (gonna get them welded to the bottom perch so they don't move) and still on my 31" tires.
Here is the finished result.
Before:
expl1.jpg

After:
rod%20bearing-explorer%20105.jpg

And the front suspension:
rod%20bearing-explorer%20107.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dman726749 said:
looks great, now get an alinment and some bigger tires :D

33's are in the plans, but it's gonna be a little while. As soon as I get the driveshaft back in, and the rear SOA welded up, it's headed to the alignment shop. Hoping to run across some good used 33's that I can afford, but I'm not seeing any in the near future.

FordLover said:
33's are in the plans, but it's gonna be a little while. As soon as I get the driveshaft back in, and the rear SOA welded up, it's headed to the alignment shop. Hoping to run across some good used 33's that I can afford, but I'm not seeing any in the near future.

dont know if you saw this or not, but its a great deal

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114936

And it did very well this weekend out at Spring Creek. :D

Martin, are you gonna post pictures from this last weekend?

BTW, I found out today, my badly running engine was due to the air filter getting sucked up into the hole leading to the MAS.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116260

Did you use the superlift SOA kit?

Chew_12 said:
Did you use the superlift SOA kit?

Yep, I think it works great, but definitely needs to be welded just like any other spring perch when going SOA, there's a lot of play with the Superlift SOA brackets, and it allowed my rearend to turn(very bad thing).

Here's another pic of my truck
explorerfuntimes%20021.jpg

Back