• Register Today It's free!

Yet Another Tire Size Question

Lone_Wolf

Reaction score
City, State
Forest VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ST 4x4
So, been reading through some old threads and the consensus seems to be with shackles and TT max size is 265/75/16...

I have plans for the schakles and TT coming up and shortly after new rubber.

So I'm wondering if a 285/75/16 or 285/70/16 will work.

I'm going to stay with the stock rims, and can/will add spacers based on some recomndations...

I'm 05 4x4, 4.10 BTW

thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

or ,maybe 275/75/16 ?

idk kinda lost here

You can definitely fit a 285/75/16 with a TT and shackles. Check the lift options thread and the lifted sport trac pictures thread. A bunch of people go with that tire size/lift combo.

TT/Shackles or AAL: 33x12.50s stuff with trimming. 285s will fit a little better though.

BL: 33s fit

BL+TT/shackles: 35s fit

BL on 285/75/16 had to do a decent amount of trimming on rear of font wheel wells and still rub on bumps in a turn. 33's would be a pain with just TT in my opinion.

BL on 285/75/16 had to do a decent amount of trimming on rear of font wheel wells and still rub on bumps in a turn. 33's would be a pain with just TT in my opinion.

285/75 and 33's the same thing?

ah thank you!

I think I'm going 285/75, I have no plans/abilities to do a body lift, so for now I think it's the best fit.

No problem! For future reference, this is the tire size calculation site I use most. It gives you the most info on different tire sizes. https://tiresize.com/calculator/

I've found that a dremel or sonicrafter is the best for trimming the plastic fender wells by the way. Much more precise and a cleaner cut than a sawzall.

Back