Yks--westlake Tires: Heard Of Em? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yks--westlake Tires: Heard Of Em?

I neded a set of tires in a hurry after it snowed today. Looked at Walmart truck tires----they looked good with nice blocky lugs and deep tread, but just don't trust Walmart for any quality.
A local goodyear dealer put on a set of Westlake CR-861 235-75r-15 tires at a great price. They are 6 ply with deep tread pattern. They seem to handle really good with a firm ride. The only dislike is the letters on the tire are raised about a good quarter inch off the tire sidewall. Never noticed that when I chose them.
Anyways--decided to look online for some reviews and find no information at all on this particular tire and very little info on the brand itself. Seems to be made by YKS and used more for commercial truck applications.
Has anyone tried these before or heard of the brand? All I can say is the price was right. 120 canadian each--installed, balanced and disposal included.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i havnt heard of them. Are they any good?

Idunno--they seem ok---that's why I was asking.

never heard of them,

they are probably a big name brand tire with a generic name instead

any possibility that you could get some pics?

They appear to be a very generic tire, made by various foreign makers. Outside of that, I have never heard anything about them.

hermitrl said:
I neded a set of tires in a hurry after it snowed today. Looked at Walmart truck tires----they looked good with nice blocky lugs and deep tread, but just don't trust Walmart for any quality.
A local goodyear dealer put on a set of Westlake CR-861 235-75r-15 tires at a great price. They are 6 ply with deep tread pattern. They seem to handle really good with a firm ride. The only dislike is the letters on the tire are raised about a good quarter inch off the tire sidewall. Never noticed that when I chose them.
Anyways--decided to look online for some reviews and find no information at all on this particular tire and very little info on the brand itself. Seems to be made by YKS and used more for commercial truck applications.
Has anyone tried these before or heard of the brand? All I can say is the price was right. 120 canadian each--installed, balanced and disposal included.

I work at a Tire shop in Maine, there between 80-95 American where i work ( my discont would be $64 bux's) I have installed them on Many vehicales THO mostly f250's Superduty's and heavy work vans. there more for a vehicale that Carry's alot of weight, But i have thought about throwing a pair on My explorer to find out how they are and so has another guy at work.Over all tho there a name brand tire, that are used for as you said More commercial use not so much everyday personal use.
Maybe it helped? lol..
Allan

Any more tire q's? ive worked with tires for 2 yrs i know a little : :confused:

Back