Yomies D30 SAS | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yomies D30 SAS

Hey everyone, finally decided to post my results here.

My setup includes:

1995 High Pinion D30
Spring hangers and drag link(3/4" heims) by CRL Customs
1979 Jeep Grand wagoneer stock leaf springs
1993 Explorer steering box
Rubicon Express RE1550 22" long brake lines (bolted right up to hard lines)
Rancho RS 5036 front shocks

SOA in the rear

there are more pics here
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/223222/2

223222_153_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

come on down to the sunshine state man! im about an hour from UF.

orlando is central enough to be close to some good wheeling in the ONF, bubbas mud ranch, richloam, croom, mutual mines, holopaw, about 3 hours from the alapaha... and disneyworld!!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

More Pics

HEY YOMIES AWESOME TRUCK...!!! COULD YOU DO ME A FAVOR AND POST SOME CLOSER PICS OF THE SUSPENTION/STEERING SETUP.... I'M WORKING AT A D30 SWAP TOO, BUT IT IS FOR A RANGER (2 WD), (I BELIEVE IT'S EASIER TO DO IT ON LEAF SPRINGS, AND I SAW YOUR TRCK AND FELT IN LOVE WITH YOUR SETUP), THAT'S WHY I'M ASKING YOU FOR THE PHOTOS....

ALSO IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHERE DID YOU GET THAT BENT DRAG LINK...???

THANKS

Mandito*

The drag link was made by a member here on the boards, CoryL, i don't think he is making anymore of them.

These are my newest pictures, taken today, with my new front spring hangers by Blue Torch Fab.

Anymore questions, lemme know
223222_225_full.jpg

223222_226_full.jpg

223222_227_full.jpg

223222_229_full.jpg

223222_230_full.jpg

Rear hangers

Yomies where did you get those rear spring hangers...???? if you can give me the phone no. or the website please....do you believe the set up will work with the rancho 44044´s..???? and last if you know about a website with good prices for allthe stuff needed....

Thanks and best regards...

Mandito*

The 44044's are the same springs i have, except with 2.5" of lift.

The rear shackle mounts are from CoryL also

Try to see if the guys at BentUp.com can set you up with a set of shackle hangers or maybe even FST which are Rick's guy's over there in AZ

How do you like the stock Waggy springs on there? I used some 4" lift springs for a YJ and I think they may be too soft.

Did you find a fix yet for the Wobble?

I think the waggy spring are perfect, they ride great.

I think robb tried some YJ springs also and they were too soft.

My wobble problems were because i had too much castor set in the front end, i just eliminated 4 degrees and everything is good

Its looking like I might be ordering some of the waggy springs soon, tried the YJ's since alott of the toy guys seem to think they work about the same but they are a littel on the soft side for the explorer.

Did you locate your axle center line in the stock location? or did you move it forward?

I moved it forward a little bit, i think the sport has a 102" WB stock and i'm at 104.5 now, so maybe 2.5" forward

Yomie, Long Time no talk, when ya gunna get down here to florida so we can Wheel?

Still plan on moving down here?

_Caleb

Hey Reggie, what's up bud. I have a question. You had any problems with your steering box coming off the frame yet?

JoshC said:
Hey Reggie, what's up bud. I have a question. You had any problems with your steering box coming off the frame yet?

:D

Yeah twice

It never ripped the frame just broke the welds. I took the truck to a reputable welding shop around here and had then reweld my sleeves, i don't know what they used, but they rewelded the sleeves and everything looks pretty strong now, i've wheeled it twice since with no problems, i blew a PS hose a few weeks back and had a new one made, i think i am gonna go with Redneck Ram's Hydro assist to relieve some pressure off the frame. It isn't till i get all flexed/twisted up that the box cracks the welds. I'm also having a problem with bending tie rods, i'm looking for some stronger tie rods also, i may end up going with a setup from BlueTorchFab.

As far as Florida goes, i dunno if i will be moving there or not yet, i'm waiting for my girl to finish school over here, she's thought about Dental school over there around Orlando, if she chooses that route we will head over there, she's also mentioned something around Louisville (not again) and Atlanta

Yomie,

can you or anyone tell me what truck did you get that 1995 HP D30 from???

Thanks!
Joe

What springs did you us in the front to abtain the lift? How much lift? What company? What application? Thanks

Looks really good. Looks like you get a lot of movement out of that front axle. I like it a lot.

-Drew

THanks guy's, the springs are for a '79 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, stock height, just spring over, from JCWhitney.

Thanks man. I really like the way your SAS turned out. How much lift did you get from the front springs with the SOA?

Yomie, did you say you ordered your Waggy springs from JCWhitney?

another question, with the spring you used (Waggy spring) how does one determine how far apart the spring connects to the frame? to maintain the proper arc?

thanks!

Back