• Register Today It's free!

Yota axle

Slowlyvverot

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 ExElTee
Just curious to see whether anyone has ever slid a toyota solid axle under the front of a first gen. Is it feasable or not feasable for any reasons? I was wondering because all I see are dana axles being used in SASs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They're passenger side drops. Right?

i believe so, yes. I don't know too much about them other than they are strong little axles and can be had and upgraded for relatively cheap.

I'm guessing you'd need some sort of kit or custom setup for whatever tcase you went with, and maybe a different exhaust setup?

Well I found this thread about them: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105646

But I'd like to know if a custom setup can work without too much money involved. Just thinking out loud here.

I just remembered I read somewhere that you can flip the housing and balls and convert it to drivers side drop...any opinions or confirmations on that?

Why go through all that work to change the drop side when you could just put in a strong dana and keep it all ford with a lot less hassle?

x2.

You'll have to swap drop sides, bolt patterns, etc etc. Which is why you never see Toyota axles under Fords.

you don't have to change bolt patterns. I currently have my stock steel X rims on my Yota.

I thought Yotas were all 6 lug?

I thought all 4wd Toyotas were 6 lug. I know there are some 5x4.5 2wd models out there. But of course a 2wd Toyota won't help much in a SAS. But I don't know a whole lot about them and if tweakedlogic says he has one.. he probably does! :D

It's 2WD. I had forgotten about the six lug 4x4s. sorry.

Back