You do not have to relocate the sensor when lowering an Explorer with Load Leveling | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

You do not have to relocate the sensor when lowering an Explorer with Load Leveling

MuscleJunkie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Ford Explorer LTD AWD
Just found this out when lowering Big White (my 2000 Explorer Limited with Factory Rear Load Leveling Suspension)

You "DO NOT" need to relocate the ride height sensor when lowering a 2nd Generation Ford Explorer with factory installed Rear Load Leveling Suspension.

The process I used

* Turn off the rear load leveling suspension switch in the back compartment

* Lift vehicle and perform lowering process using lowering blocks for the rear and TT for the front

* Lower Vehicle

* DO NOT turn on the rear load leveling suspension switch in the back after you lower it

* Connect Explorer to the Ford Scan Tool (?) and perform the "Ride Height Calibration" procedure as described in the service manual. This will recalibrate the sensor for the new ride height (as long as you did not go below 2 inches of lowering in the rear)

You sensor should now be calibrated for the new lowered ride height. (at least it was for me!)

Back