You Might be a Ricer If........ | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

You Might be a Ricer If........

BigBadWimp

Reaction score
City, State
Beaver Falls, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
^ I love honesty!

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Heck, my Sammy even qualifies for a bunch....

You have more exhaust decibels than your engine has horsepower.

Your tires / rims stick out from the lip of your car by more than 1."

You have more stereo WATTS than engine TORQUE!

If you have ever considered installing more than one set of fog / driving lights.

You sound like you're going 90, but you're creeping past 25

Yugo's give you a run for the money

jimcom

Elite Stocker
Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
BigBadWimp said:
^ I love honesty!

LOL :D
I came to terms a long time ago that I'm half ricer and half redneck :D
There is just something about carbon fiber that does it for me :cool:
Same can be said for mud. :cool:
So I might as well enjoy both worlds, off-road and street :thumbsup:

falls guy

Reaction score
City, State
St. Catherines, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
chris c said:
not sure what's worse, being a ricer or being a hardcore domestic lover / ricer hater and making statments that just are not true....

lets look at a few....

"17" rims up front, 13" out back on your FWD."

who has this? i see steelies up front with larger 16" and up out back. why? cheap ass wheels wrapped with low profile tires bend easy. a lot of kids run out and buy 17" and up wheels and then they bend. usually only the fronts bend unless you really hit something HARD.

"Your tires / rims stick out from the lip of your car by more than one inch."
"You installed spacers on your STOCK wheels and tires to get them to stick out past the fender."

ricers are always tucked. when a wheel/tire combo sticks beyond the body lines of the car the last think that comes to mind is ricer.

"You painted the UNDERBODY of your car to match."

i guess my 1967 chevelle ss 396 is rice...

"You have more stereo WATTS than engine TORQUE!"

as would anyone with a decent stereo. 425 # ft of torque is a lot but if you are into stereo eqp. it is nothing.

"If you think that horsepower is far more important than torque"

horsepower wins at the track EVERY time. has no one learned this yet? perfect example, my fathers 1970 Z28 will easily out run his 1971 SS 396 camaro which has more torque. this is a topic i have exhausted myself on. horsepower wins at the track EVERY time.

"If you have ever claimed that switching to a cone filter has given you more than 5 HP."

canning the stock air box for a cone style fiter on my fathers GN was worth well over 5 horsepower. i have been a ricer twice already in this list.

"If you removed your side view mirrors and put them at the TOP of the door / window frame."

i see this all the time... on 30's cars. ricers. to be honest, when we ever get around to restoring my fathers 32 Ford the mirrors will be exactly there.

meh.... not a ricer nor a fan BUT i won't make myself look stupid by saying stuff that just is not true....

I think torque wins races. That's why in 70 the 455 Buick stage 1 was winning all the races against the GTO and the Camaros and even the 426 Hemis because it had and still has the highest torque rating ever produced by any auto manufacturer. I also have never lost a race to any GN's with my '81 regal because with the 350 small block it has more torque. They always get me for the first 50ft or so than I blow by them because they just don't have the top end torque. Then again I'm running over 100 more horse than the GN which has 206 base horsepower so I guess that isn't a good example. There are so many variables that sometimes torque will win where other times HP will. As for the air intake, the GN will most likely pick up slightly more than 5 HP, maybe 10-15 HP, but a Honda or Hyundai won't. On a 32 Ford the mirrors belong there, that's where Henry Ford put them, not on Hondas. I'm a strong believer in functionability. If you don't go faster than 100 MPH, lose the wing, if the noisy exsaust tip gives you no more power, lose it, if the gages don't really work, lose them. If it doesn't really have Nitros, lose the bottle!
Peace

trucku

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Queens, New York and living in Budd Lake, NJ now.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLS 4.0 4x4
You might be a ricer if you drill big holes in your airbox to get more "power"....Then like the sound of it more than why you did it.

What wait I just did that....ok..did it for some more mpg really... :D :D :D :D

SkanlaxJMO

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
that is hilarious I quailfy on your stero watts are more than your engine torque
torque=225? stock 4.0 ohv
Watts=240, double amplified new Hu and stock amp

Stang Girl

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Cobra R Clone
Ok, I do have to drive around speed bumps. :rolleyes: With the Eibach springs, it lowered the car and I pretty much bottom out on everything. If I can't avoid the speed bump, then I take it at extreme angles.

Funny story, our local Mustang car club had a cruise and BBQ. Guy shows up with my twin car, before my mods. He's looking at mine and saying how he likes the Stalker hood, and you know what would be really cool, is to put neon in the scoops. :eek: Ummmm, yeah, I don't think so. :rolleyes:

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
hey now... my truck has over 100 hp ;) and i did intake and exhaust ;)

lol... my truck fits a good chunk of that stuff ;)

Con Seann3ry

Reaction score
City, State
Eugene, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
ohhhhh...i just bought a 92 honda civic dx for a daily driver (explorer wasn't cutting it) and was just thinking about how I wanna mod it (it's instinct for any car I own)...but i don't wanna be a lame ass ricer...what do i do!?

SkanlaxJMO

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
sell it and buy another explorer
lol just kidding

dreamr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XL / 4x4 / 4.0 ohv
Con Seann3ry said:
ohhhhh...i just bought a 92 honda civic dx for a daily driver (explorer wasn't cutting it) and was just thinking about how I wanna mod it (it's instinct for any car I own)...but i don't wanna be a lame ass ricer...what do i do!?

Whatever you want to make it peppier and funner to drive.

Just don't put a fart can back there or make it loud!
The stock tach works fine!
Leave the body alone. Maybe shave emblems and tint the windows. No body kit or wings though.
No need to lower it, though good shocks/struts and chassis stiffening won't hurt.
If you must have rims keep them under 17"

All in all any car can be improved upon, but rice is to be avoided. A import sports sedan can be made into a cozy little commuter with a bit of snap however. ;)

:D

edit: and performance stickers are the worst thing you can do to it :p

chris c

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Con Seann3ry said:

tein ss dampers and 15" kosei k1's wrapped in yoko avs es 100's

basically all i did to my civic less the short throw shift kit and shock tower braces.

my car returned excellent mpg and handled very well after those mods. very well. i was driving 120 plus miles per day and really got to enjoy the handling...

FHBasketball

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 SPORT
I've got a friend with a civic. He has everything done to it. Compcams, turbo, racing rims, you name it. But he was smart and didn't put on a bodykit, and took his car to an exhaust shop to get the car quieter. He thinks its funny when he smokes someone in a race, and they ask him why he didn't get aftermarket exhaust and body kit. His car is amazing though.

And I don't care what anyone says, those new eclipse GT's are bad ass. I'd take one in a heartbeat.

Kyle0614

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
i got a good one : and yes i am guilty of some of the above :(

You get a bigger alternator to keep your lights from dimming only to relize you have a wal-mart fast and the furious bass kit...hehe

these are just a few more i thought of

Your window tint matches your car

You turn on your underglow kit during the day and forget to turn it off at night when you go to walmart shopping for more parts and stickers only to relize your car want start when you come back out.

You claim spark plugs and wires give you 8-15 hp because ebay said so.

You have a GT-R emblem on a Honda/Acura

You painted your interior trim but forgot to prep and sand and now it's fading.

You claim you've dyno'd but you only have ran your G-tech.

You replace the engine internals and wonder why your stock clutch keeps blowing to pieces all over the track.

You don't even know what some of your Kanji lettering stands for.

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
I fall under two that i seen.

They gave up on trying to get the color right for the explorer.

And i have more power in my audio than my engine by 1200 lol haha