Your thoughts on the Visonik V912D2 sub????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Your thoughts on the Visonik V912D2 sub?????

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
I need your thoughts on the Visonik V912D2 12" sub. I am planning on building a new system and looking at these.

Sensitivity: 84.6 dB
RMS Power Range : 1250 Watts
Peak Power Handling: 2500 Watts
Impedance: Dual 2 Ohm
Diameter: 12 Inch

160oz Double Stacked Magnet
Mounting depth is 6.33"
Vented box: 3.5 Cu. Ft.
Round Port Diameter: (2) 4"
Square port area: 25 sq/in
Port Length: 20"
Sealed box: 0.9 - 1.5 Cu. Ft.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is visonik a real palyer in quality audio? i see them sold at discount stores and flea markets a lot....

I have hounded the crap out of my set of 4 12" I have now. They have really impressed me. If im correct this is the most powefull one they have.

I will not buy rockford fosgate any more. To many bad things happened there. I have had 10 fosgate amps. All fried the same part of the amp.

Other option im looking at is four SPL SPLW15 - 15"

2800 watts power handling
1400 watts RMS
Sold Individually
340 oz. magnet
4" BASV/Kapton hybrid 18 awg voice coil
FS 29.1(Hz)
Vas 1.6 cu.ft.
Qes: 0.52 . Qms: 4.06 . Qts: 0.31
Xmax: 0.59"
SPL 92 dB

NO lol i enjoy building the system. Im tired of the one i have now and am as far as i can get with it. Im trying to get to 150+ db with a street system. Just something i have been trying to do for a while.

I dont run mine much now but its time for a facelift

how big of a box are you gonna build if you buy the spl?

IMO, look elsewhere from the Visonik...

id honestly say to stay away from visonik too.

Theres a lot of hype surrounding Digital Designs woofers and let me be the first to tell you its all true. Im the type of guy to always route for the underdog. New up and coming speaker companies will always get my money over a mainstream brand but once I tried DD ill never turn back.

I currently have the 4th or 5th highest certified dbdrag score in north america in my class using DD motors that are 7 or 8 years old. One of the competitors im slightly ahead of currently is also running a 2nd gen (mountaineer i think) using newer DDs.

I played with some of the 2500 series about 3 months ago..built a fairly basic daily driving enclosure for two 2512s and did a 148.0 with no testing at all on one amp at the dash on the TL legal.

Well where is a good place price wise for the DD. That is my only hold back. Plus it is mainly a street system. Will the DD handle that well?

I had a visonik sub and amp for awhile, and I was impressed how well it worked. I don't know how good that specific sub is, but I would think a major brand sub would work better for power.

hey

i have thoses visonik subs and they r the best thing i have ever heard you can here my truck coming from two block away no kidding bro

Visonik is a cheap brand...its entry level stuff at best.

I heard DD's build quality hasn't been so good lately

well I just heard it from a guy who deals DD and said the last about 10 subs he got the coils weren't aligned properly and the build quality is less than par

well its only hearsay though

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont see anything wrong with my Visonik kit.. If you jus wanna lil bump in the trunk..(Not everybodys rich and has money to blow on things like that):rolleyes:

Back