Zimmerman Mpd. Yes? No?

Doug

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sykesville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Zimmerman Mod. Yes? No?

Im thinking about doing the zimmerman mod on my rear leaf packs but im not real sure about it. Ive read alot of other posts and some people seem to love it while others seem to hate it. What is the general consenus? I dont wheel my truck THAT hard and down the road i will be running 35s.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Problem I've had with researching the mod is that there isn't a general consensus. I'm sure you've looked at all the threads I have, some people have luck, some people don't. I thought about trying it but figured I'd leave as is....maybe you could do it and see how it turns out and let us all know...

Yeah I think Ill probably give it a shot. I can get my hands on a set of ranger springs for free most likely (as long as muskrat will give them to me :)) worse comes to worse i bend them and have to get new ones from the scrap yard.

Hey guys, check with matt adams, I believe he had a comment about how he might have used the explorer main leaf on a ranger pack if he could do it all over.

That may not be exactally what he said but I said something along those lines and someone else said they would have done the same thing.

Also check Out ld50's page of mods done to his truck he had some comments about his Zimmerman mod.

Ryan

Ive read all the posts but theyre not really all that helpful...Like i said it seems like you either love them or hate them.

I used the X main leaf with the Ranger pack under. Cut the eyes off the Ranger main and use the whole pack. Works well.

Back